google play files in skifta

jubjub1978

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am attempting to use my nexus 7 32gb on my Sony TV using WiFi direct using skifta. I am able to view photos from my tablet on the TV, but would like to use it to watch movies I buy from Google play. Does anyone know of a way to view the Google play files outside of Google play?

Jason

jubjub1978

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it a Google TV? If not it might not be possible

No, its just a Sony Bravia TV. It has the built in WiFi-Direct. I was able to use the software to display some pictures I have on the N7 on my TV, but it does not find any Video files even though I have dowloaded the Free Ice Age Movie from Google Play. My guess is that the Google Play movies are stored in a "Hiden" area where othere apps are not able to view them. I just found the option on my TV and thought it might work to watch movies from N7 on my TV but I guess not.

Jason

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No, its just a Sony Bravia TV. It has the built in WiFi-Direct. I was able to use the software to display some pictures I have on the N7 on my TV, but it does not find any Video files even though I have dowloaded the Free Ice Age Movie from Google Play. My guess is that the Google Play movies are stored in a "Hiden" area where othere apps are not able to view them. I just found the option on my TV and thought it might work to watch movies from N7 on my TV but I guess not.

Jason

Yup thats correct. the video's will be encrypted so that it cannot be streamed. its called DRM. usually movie/music industry force google to do this.

but you can try to break the drm and use it to stream to your TV.