google play files in skifta

jubjub1978

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am attempting to use my nexus 7 32gb on my Sony TV using WiFi direct using skifta. I am able to view photos from my tablet on the TV, but would like to use it to watch movies I buy from Google play. Does anyone know of a way to view the Google play files outside of Google play?

Jason

jubjub1978

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Is it a Google TV? If not it might not be possible

No, its just a Sony Bravia TV. It has the built in WiFi-Direct. I was able to use the software to display some pictures I have on the N7 on my TV, but it does not find any Video files even though I have dowloaded the Free Ice Age Movie from Google Play. My guess is that the Google Play movies are stored in a "Hiden" area where othere apps are not able to view them. I just found the option on my TV and thought it might work to watch movies from N7 on my TV but I guess not.

Jason

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No, its just a Sony Bravia TV. It has the built in WiFi-Direct. I was able to use the software to display some pictures I have on the N7 on my TV, but it does not find any Video files even though I have dowloaded the Free Ice Age Movie from Google Play. My guess is that the Google Play movies are stored in a "Hiden" area where othere apps are not able to view them. I just found the option on my TV and thought it might work to watch movies from N7 on my TV but I guess not.

Jason

Yup thats correct. the video's will be encrypted so that it cannot be streamed. its called DRM. usually movie/music industry force google to do this.

but you can try to break the drm and use it to stream to your TV.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TechBro