4.2.1 WiFi Issues and Lagging

sushiguy732

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I have found that since I upgraded to 4.2.1 (OTAed the first day it was out), my WiFi is not stable. It does not resume from wake all the time and yes, I do have "Keep WiFi on during sleep set to Always. I also have a serious lag and again, yes I do have Google Currents "Disabled".

Is there any way to get back to 4.1.2?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried wiping the cache partition? Probably worth trying, since you won't lose any actual data. I've read conflicting info, but I think it does more than just delete individal app caches. It seemed to help with my Razr Maxx when it was updated to ICS. The procedure is as follows:

1. Reboot your tablet into the bootloader by turning it off, and then pushing the volume down + power buttons at the same time. Keep them down until you see the bootloader appear.
2. Then, use your volume buttons to change the selection to "Recovery," and press the power button to select.
3. If you?re on stock Android, wait until you see the Android with the red exclamation point, and press volume up + power at the same time. Select the option to clear your tablet?s cache partition.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
If you haven't already flashed back, it really is worth a try to clear the cache. It's a quick process, and it might save you the headache of flashing back if it works for you. If it doesn't, then flash away!

Colin Crowley

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
From going to read and other forms the problem is currents program needs to be turned off or turn to sync off. That was my issue when I first upgraded to 4.2 jelly bean

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My WiFi has been pretty buggy after the 4.2 update unfortunately. I'm unrooted and I did a factory reset. I've had lag too but honestly I think it's because the 4.2 launcher is inferior to the 4.1 one, I've looked at the code and it looks like they went back to the launcher being more like the 4.0 launcher, which had lag.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mike_47

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
I have occasional, slight lag since the upgrade to 4,2.2. Since I have no other N7 issues, maybe it's best to leave it as is, and not flash back to 4.1.
Feedback welcome.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11