Three of four Angry birds don't work. (4.2.1)

jberrier

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
Angry Birds Rio works fine but three other Angry Birds games just give me a black screen. Seems like they used to work, but my memory is getting bad. Hitting return does not do anything, screen just stays black. Home will work. A couple other games do not work (PBA Bowling, for one). I emailed Rovio with the problem, but no response (not a good sign). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Didn't work. I tried force stopping and cache clearing, then restarting, didn't work. Still black screen. I tried Googling the problem. Couldn't find answer. Anyone have any experience with anything like this?. Sounds kinda crazy.
Thanx

Groid

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm stock, rooted, 4.2.1 and both Rio and Space play perfectly for me. Perhaps try a clear cache and dalvik in recovery? Clearing dalvik will probably generate an 'upgrading apps' message or something like that. Might reset the apps.

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
try backing up the data so you don't lose your saved game. Then uninstall them, then reinstall from the Play store.

Once done, launch without restoring your backup to see if it works. If it does, recover your backup data but only replace the data, not the app.

on a side note, when the hell are we going to get cloud storage for saved games? That is the next must-have feature imo.

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
on a side note, when the hell are we going to get cloud storage for saved games? That is the next must-have feature imo.

The just released grand theft auto: vice city has cloud save on ios, not on android. Also has custom radio station (your own mp3s) on ios and not on android. I guess we know which platform is preferred. :(

Paul Ronne

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
The just released grand theft auto: vice city has cloud save on ios, not on android. Also has custom radio station (your own mp3s) on ios and not on android. I guess we know which platform is preferred. :(

o sthu, android surpassed apple owners 2 to 1. give them time. this time next year android will have twice the number of tablet and phone qpps as ios. quote this post so you remember i told ya.