multiple problems

Lucy Parrott

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I bought my husband a nexus 7 for his birthday a few months ago, recently he has developed the "wonky" usb port, and also a green line across the screen.
It's still under the 12 month warranty, but is there any way he can back everything up before we take it back to the store to get it exchanged?

Thanks.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I bought my husband a nexus 7 for his birthday a few months ago, recently he has developed the "wonky" usb port, and also a green line across the screen.
It's still under the 12 month warranty, but is there any way he can back everything up before we take it back to the store to get it exchanged?

Thanks.

Sure several ways, he can backup his contacts to his google account, If the USB port isnt being reliable he can back up pictures by making a drop box account or photobucket account... he can even back them up to a google + account. you can get SMS backup for texts... if he is rooted he can simply get titanium backup and back it all to one folder and drop box that folder

Lucy Parrott

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
*baffled* will he just literally have to make a list of all the stuff on there and then re-download all the aps etc?
I know he wont have to pay for them again as they'll be linked to his account, just the actual knowing what he's got on it etc.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
*baffled* will he just literally have to make a list of all the stuff on there and then re-download all the aps etc?
I know he wont have to pay for them again as they'll be linked to his account, just the actual knowing what he's got on it etc.

Try My Backup pro, it costs like 4.99 but i think there is a trial period. it is also on sale right now

mysterygirl

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
As for apps, each time I've changed Nexus devices my apps are automatically available to download. I think what apps you have installed is also linked to your account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Mikesnexus

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

He will have to download again. As mentioned above everything is linked to his account via the play store. It isn't really that bad. May be surprised at the stuff that he won't install again.

From my device to yours

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
As for apps, each time I've changed Nexus devices my apps are automatically available to download. I think what apps you have installed is also linked to your account.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Oh yeah duh, good call.... Settings> backup&restore> Automatic restore

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana