Wow, Huge Pain the Butt to Print Webpage!

bryanc38

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Is there an easy/simple way to print a web page? I tried the Google Print & that doesn't do a thing. There has got to be something simplistic out there...

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Depending on your printer, the manufacturer might have a stock app for it. With my Epson printer, their application works pretty well.

I've also used Google's Cloud Print, as well as PrinterShare. Both work well, depending on the source of the file.

One thing that is sort of interesting is that the way Android works, sharing just sends the URL with the share command. If the website is somewhere that you have to log in to see content, and the share command will probably take you to the login page.

PrinterShare has a built in web viewer. You can actually login to the webpage and pull up the page you want to print all from within the printer app. The only downside is that PrinterShare cost quite a bit. But it does work with Bluetooth printers, wifi printers, and over the internet.

Colin Crowley

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
The best way I found to print is using drop box and a small VB script you run on your desktop that sees anything placed into a drop boxes printque folder and prints it automatically then moves the file to a jobs folder so ya know its been printed. The link i'll post here if I find it again

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

reevo850

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Wow, Huge Pain the **** to Print Webpage!

Hi bryanc38

Did you get a solution to this yet? I just bought a Nexus 10, and what a bummer to print web pages from!!!! I can't do it.............yet!!

Thanks.

Reevo Anders

hichris123

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Hi bryanc38

Did you get a solution to this yet? I just bought a Nexus 10, and what a bummer to print web pages from!!!! I can't do it.............yet!!

Thanks.

Reevo Anders

Set up cloud print from Chrome on your computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

KitKat now has printing built in. You can print to a Google cloud printer, or use the HP print service through certain Google apps, like Chrome. This adds a Print menu option. Nice to see them working on making printing easier.