Capacative Stylus

Steven Donovan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Can't get it to work. Just bought an amPen from Amazon and nothing. Using Papyrus. Tried Evernote to, but same story. How do this things work? Is there any setup or configuration I have to do in settings?

plumberdv

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Can't get it to work. Just bought an amPen from Amazon and nothing. Using Papyrus. Tried Evernote to, but same story. How do this things work? Is there any setup or configuration I have to do in settings?

If it has a retractable soft tip, then you need the soft tip extended. If yours only has the soft tip (not retractactable), use it just like your finger, no set up required. I use nothing but that type and it works on everything it's used on (Kindle, Smart Phone and Nexus 7) with no issue at all. A hard tip won't work.

Last edited:

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't retract. It is solid with a soft tip. My finger doesn't work either. I have a screen protector on it. Does that inhibit the stylus?

how do you do ANYTHING on the N7 if you finger nor stylus does not ever work ?

if it is only certain apps, just try others - there is no shortage of duplicative apps on the N7

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
The stylus works for navigation. But it doesn't work for note taking. Or drawing.

like i said, try other apps besides those that do NOT work with the stylus.

I use a stylus all the time and have never had a problem - but i have not ever used a drawing or handwriting app....i plug in a keyboard for note taking or extensive typing

just by the way, if the stylus works elsewhere but not in the app, then the app or its settings should be the first place you check for malfunction.

edit:

i also could not get papyrus to accept input -- seems like you need to change settings i did not have the patience to determine ---- try Write or Handrite notes -- stylus works in that right away for me

Last edited: