Question Stylus for Pixel 6?

ultrarunner2020

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
I have large fingers, and often have trouble hitting the right keys while texting, as well as manipulating the tiny grab-points in the eufy security app to set up a motion zone.
I have already tried the large key keyboards, but they tend to obscure the writing space, so not much use for me.
I thought buying a stylus would be simple, but now I realize that there are active and passive stylus, and different types of tip, as well as other things that may make a stylus easy or hard to use.
I don't do any real drawing - especially not on the phone, so all I really want is something to make more precise taps - as in typing out a text message or e-mail.

I see there are literally hundreds of models - mostly cheap generic brands - on Amazon, so I'm kind of overwhelmed.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Ultrarunner

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
This is probably not gonna help much, but for "tiny grab points" you would need the finest stylus point, and only active ones can provide that (which the Pixel 6 doesn't support). Your options now are 'passive' ones and there the tip is what makes the difference. The best ones are the metal mesh ones, but those can scratch your screen with use if you're not careful. The conductive rubber ones are the cheapest and most common, but those might be harder to find in a finer-point size and they tend to 'drag' if used on top of a film screen protector. In the end, what probably works best for you is the smallest tip size you can find on a passive one.

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried voice access? Works pretty well on the pixel 6.
eb3c75feb014a9fcac8ffa86a552bacb.jpg

Reactions: B. Diddy

ultrarunner2020

Feb 26, 2021
Visit site
Thanks; That's what I was afraid of, and why I didn't buy any of the stylus I found on Amazon.
It would be best if I owned a tablet, which is something I am considering anyway. Just need to decide between Windows and Linux or Android? But that's a subject for another thread.

Edit: I did find a method to grab those tiny points in the eufy app:
It was mostly when the grap point was very close to the edge of the phone's screen, so if I simply move the entire zone by dragging, I can then move the edge points, then drag the zone back to where I want it. Not exactly the most effective method, but thinking again about the stylus idea, it is another thing I would need to carry along with my phone, and the OtterBox case I use doesn't have a provision for a stylus.