SwiftKey ?s

dsneedmd

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have SwiftKey Tablet 3 on my N7 & my N4. I notice there is now a SwiftKey 4 but no SwiftKey Tablet 4. I'm wondering if I would be happier if I had the phone app. on both devices & if I would have to pay again if I changed. Anyone used both?

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have SwiftKey Tablet 3 on my N7 & my N4. I notice there is now a SwiftKey 4 but no SwiftKey Tablet 4. I'm wondering if I would be happier if I had the phone app. on both devices & if I would have to pay again if I changed. Anyone used both?

My n7 just updated to SwiftKey 4 tablet this morning in the play store. I'm not sure why it's not showing for you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

kilen71

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Try doing a restart. I had the same thing happen - got the update on my Note 2, but not on my N7 (couldn't even find SwiftKey Tablet by searching for it in the Play Store). After a restart, the update showed up.

kilen71

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...and unfortunatley, I just noticed that even with the recent update, you still can't comment on people's Facebook posts with SwiftKey (Full page version using Chrome, not the Facebook mobile app). Hitting return still just moves your cursor one line down instead of registering the comment. Bummer. Back to the stock keyboard for me for now.

Ryano89

May 3, 2011
Visit site
...and unfortunatley, I just noticed that even with the recent update, you still can't comment on people's Facebook posts with SwiftKey (Full page version using Chrome, not the Facebook mobile app). Hitting return still just moves your cursor one line down instead of registering the comment. Bummer. Back to the stock keyboard for me for now.

Bummer, but can't you just hit the comment button instead of return? Just tried and it seemed to work for me.

Sent from my technology induced Haze.

jmaudi0

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
i use swiftkey on my phone (SGS3) but not on the tablet....does anyone use the phone version on the Nexus 7? do you like it better than the stock keyboard? i really don't want to have to pay for the Swiftkey tablet app also (even tho it's not much $$$...just kinda out of principle.)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
i use swiftkey on my phone (SGS3) but not on the tablet....does anyone use the phone version on the Nexus 7? do you like it better than the stock keyboard? i really don't want to have to pay for the Swiftkey tablet app also (even tho it's not much $$$...just kinda out of principle.)

I'm not sure if you can use the phone version on the tablet, but you can use the tablet version on your phone

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2, because cyanogen mod is for Android noobs

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Simply try the 30 free trial version to find out what works best for you.

I use the tablet version on my N7, but had previously tried the trial of the phone version. This was back in August, so I don't remember the minor differences. But the biggest difference is that the tablet version gives you the option for a split keyboard in landscape mode. As I stated, it's optional, so if you don't like the split you can disable it.

kilen71

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Bummer, but can't you just hit the comment button instead of return? Just tried and it seemed to work for me.

Sent from my technology induced Haze.

When using Facebook with Chrome, full page, there's no Comment button that I can see. This refers to commenting on some else's post, not starting a new one. There is a Comment button when creating my own Status.

rap1

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I actually have both the full version of the phone and the tablet trial installed on my N7. I can't decide which I like better. I miss the arrow keys on the tablet version but I like the split keyboard if I'm in landscape. I switch back and forth.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the phone version on the N7. When last I checked, the tablet version didn't have the option to add arrow keys. The phone version does offer this.

It works fine now. Swiftkey 3 didn't always have the word prediction working correctly (in boat browser at least) but ver 4 has it working correctly, as far as I know.

-Suntan

MJKearney

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I use the phone version on the N7. When last I checked, the tablet version didn't have the option to add arrow keys. The phone version does offer this.
This is still mostly true. According to their website, this feature is intended for a future update.

Until then, you can get to the arrow keys in an inconvenient manner. Go to the numbers keyboard (press the "123" key), then from there go to the symbols keyboard (press the "{&=" key). Now you've got your arrows!

These are so hidden away that I never use them. I'd rather they use the space of those extra large arrow keys, plus the space of other redundant keys located there, to add perhaps 10 additional symbols.

Basically, what it comes down to is a choice between having convenient arrow keys available in the phone version, versus the split keyboard option in landscape mode in the tablet version. There are other minor layout differences, but those were the main ones that mattered to me when I tested them last year. I chose the tablet version because of their stated intention to add convenient arrow keys in an update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo