Printing from Nexus 7 (2012): (3g and wifi struggles)

emphyrian

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Good afternoon.
I am trying to get a couple of our work Nexus 7's set up with a printer. The first printer that should have worked, did not. I believe this was probably due to the removal of the tethering option on the Nexus 7, as that's how colleagues have been successful with their ithings.

We then purchased a Samsung Xpress M2022w. This has NFC so I thought that should simplify everything. What I had not realised is that the printer and tablet will still have to communicate with each other over wifi. As far as I can tell, NFC just acts a shortcut to get the Samsung app working...

For our tablets that have 3g, is there any way to prioritise the use of 3g internet over wifi? When the tablet was connected to the printer, the internet would not work. I need 3g to source the information from the net and have the wifi set up to print it.

Hope that makes some vague sense. Thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

Mike

rxgadget

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
A few more details would help..
What are you trying to print? Is it from an app, Gmail, photo? Are you connected through a network, wifi? Have you tried Google Cloud Print?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo