Why is my Nexus 7 crashing since the latest OS update?

Spinnaker15136

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Google hosed my Nexus 7

Got some sort of OS update tonight. Now my Nexus 7 is either not booting or boots then crashes.

When it fails to boot I see the dots swirling around and they stop.

With the device off and plugged into the recharger, I am not seeing the battery charge symbol on the screen.

I tried Recovery Mode, Have a lot of trouble getting it there. Sometimes the buttons seem to work sometimes they don't, very strange.

I can get to the No Command screen. Not sure what to do from there. I have read press volume down and power button at the same time but the does not seem to work.

Perhaps I am doing that wrong or confused as to which side is the power down button. Can someone please clarify?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google hosed my Nexus 7

Bring the phone into your carrier. If it's their update, it's their worry. If not, contact Google - it's their worry.

Why are people so intent on fixing things by themselves that are covered under warranty?

Spinnaker15136

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

It is a Nexus 7 tablet 2012 not a phone and not under warrenty. If it is a newer phone I would have posted under the appropriate forum.

Why are some people so intent on criticizing others for trying to fix a tablet that is out of warranty?

Last edited:

Spinnaker15136

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Yes 5.02

I finally got into recovery mode (amazing the incorrect information you can find on the internet( and was able to do a factory reset

It wiped all my user data alright but lollipop is still installed All of my apps still seem to be installed. .

The restore process does not look like the restore when I did it once before. The process looked like the same process that I went through when the tablet was new.

What I wanted to do is start from scratch and reload lollipop. Is that possible?

drew_t

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site

Yes, it's possible, but it would be advisable to first see if the factory reset has helped.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site

I had to perform a factory reset (back up and reset from settings) a week after receiving 5.0.2 on my 12' 3g N7. Believe me when i say that it made all the difference. I had to do the same thing with my moto x

Spinnaker15136

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site

Preformed factory reset. Still seeing issues,

But I tracked down the issue. It only see the reboots while it is plugged into the USB charger. Not plugged in everything runs fine. I did not see this issue with kitkat.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo