What needs to happen for me to auto-hide the soft buttons?

rumatt

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I assume I need to wait for to root the phone, then for an auto-hide app to be ported to 4.3?

And how about moving the buttons? What is baffling me is that the main benefit of soft buttons is that they move when you rotate the phone, which in theory makes them more accessible. But putting them in the center in landscape is the least convenient place they could be! I lose all the screen real estate of the bottom bar without even getting convenient to reach buttons in return. Worst of all worlds.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I assume I need to wait for to root the phone, then for an auto-hide app to be ported to 4.3?

And how about moving the buttons?
Hello.. what is this "Auto-Hide" app you speak of? do you know the name of it? I have already obtained Root-Access.. and I can try it out for you to let you know if it works.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Rumatt,
ROOT YOUR TABLET !
NOW!!
THE APP WORKS GREAT!!!
You can do so very, very much with the NavBar... I had no idea this app was out there... Stretch the buttons apart! You can actually do that.. And it makes the ergonomics so much better for me!
Thanks for this one Rumatt

Go Root Your New Nexus-7 2013... Your missing out.. :)

Last edited:

rumatt

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Wow now that's an enthusiastic endorsement. I'll give it a shot once I understand the rooting process better. Thanks much!

rumatt

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Rumatt,
ROOT YOUR PHONE !
NOW!!
THE APP WORKS GREAT!!!

Done. Its pretty cool. It's a little more work to hit the back button now since you have to swipe, but I think I'll get used to it quickly. I also noticed that you can swipe onto the back button release to trigger it in one motion.

Thanks for testing this out!

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
See ?
Piece of cake.. ! I love it Man... between hiding the Statusbar and shrinking the Navbar, I now have the Minimalistic look I've wanted.

a14144693393bd6da3beff42df62ac26_zps0b460c05.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks again Man..just F.Y.I. Scott already has a deodexed ROM out.. I am running it now with no issues
Feels good to be Rooted & Romed 48 hours after the Nexus-7 2013's release.. :)

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Done. Its pretty cool. It's a little more work to hit the back button now since you have to swipe, but I think I'll get used to it quickly. I also noticed that you can swipe onto the back button release to trigger it in one motion.

Thanks for testing this out!

Hey Rumatt..
Your right... once you set it to "Touch" instead of "Swipe" you can do it all in one motion.. Thanks Man!

P.S.
I can't believe I told you to "Root Your Phone".... Well I guess flashing like 100 ROMS on my Galaxy Note over the past year has done that to me... But you knew I meant the Nex-7 right.... :)