ad blocker

Rudee66

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Curious as to what you people are doing for an Ad Blocker for Nexus 7. I'm looking for recommendations on what to download that is Google Chrome compatible that gets rid of ads.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Curious as to what you people are doing for an Ad Blocker for Nexus 7. I'm looking for recommendations on what to download that is Google Chrome compatible that gets rid of ads.
You might have to switch browsers to block adds. I use firefox just for its add blocker add ons.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Andblock plus has an android app but need to get it from their website. https://adblockplus.org/en/android-install

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Adblock plus seems to have plugins (addons) for several browsers including Firefox, Chrome, android (not sure what browser that is) and opera (apple).

I still like to use Firefox for flash support and Adblock plus. It is slower than Chrome, but I like it better.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Adblock plus seems to have plugins (addons) for several browsers including Firefox, Chrome, android (not sure what browser that is) and opera (apple).

I still like to use Firefox for flash support and Adblock plus. It is slower than Chrome, but I like it better.

Yes it does. What I like about the android app is that it blocks advertisements in apps like Pandora

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes it does. What I like about the android app is that it blocks advertisements in apps like Pandora

That's actually the main thing I dislike about ad blocker apps. I wish we were able to just block ads on the web.

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to SUPPORT our Vendors & Developers...
But if you MUST block them,
Root + Ad-Away.

By 'support' you must mean I should CLICK on the add, or even BUY something from an ad.
If I don't click or buy anything from an ad, then how is blocking it any worse for a developer than ignoring them?

ubermanx

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
It's nice to SUPPORT our Vendors & Developers...
But if you MUST block them,
Root + Ad-Away.

I support by paying for quality apps. Just out of principle I will never respond (consciously anyways) to telemarketing on my phone or ads on my computer and smartphone.

pfunnyjoy

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I support by paying for quality apps. Just out of principle I will never respond (consciously anyways) to telemarketing on my phone or ads on my computer and smartphone.

Same here. I pay for ad-free versions of all apps I use that offer such. I will not respond to ads on my computer, phone or tablet.

Sent from my Nook HD+