Nexus 7 kick ipad mini's ****

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Where do you see this happening? I am a pretty locked-in iPad user, as are lots of people I know. With these people, and in the Apple-centric on-line sites I frequent, I don't see any "pointing and laughing". I don't see any groundswell of people switching either, but not because of the product in particular. In fact, most of what I have encountered shows a decent amount of respect for the product. Even if people have no intent of buying it.

Go find a story on CNET or ZDNET that mentions it and then read through the comments. I also wasn't just talking about online. I have known real people that come up to me, and tell me how crappy my tablet is, and any Apple is soooooo much better.

Posted via Android Central App

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Go find a story on CNET or ZDNET that mentions it and then read through the comments. I also wasn't just talking about online. I have known real people that come up to me, and tell me how crappy my tablet is, and any Apple is soooooo much better.

Posted via Android Central App

Can't speak to your in-person encounters, but the CNET review contains hardly any bashing from Apple types. I think you are mis-reading the situation. Most Apple tablet owners are indifferent in my view. And by the looks of CNET, most Apple users don't care enough to get on and bash.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
I think this is the kind of **** articles that he is talking about:

Google Nexus 7 Still Has One Serious Weakness - Forbes

I can't help but laugh when I read that, but this is the kind of garbage that is dripping of Apple fanboy mentality.

What a Dipsh*t. He wasted two paragraphs explaining ?Achilles heel?. I love this reader comment: "I have used both and I find that iOS is best suited to the older or technology-limited crowd, or to those people that operate better within given limits. The best part about Android is its openness and the ability to more or less do what you want."

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Ever heard of SwiftKey?

Exactly, I don't know how anyone could possibly put the iOS keyboard even slightly ahead of anything Android currently offers especially Swiftkey or Swype. iOS has the worst mobile keyboard hands down and i know from first hand experience having owned iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and iPhone 5. iOS keyboard is at least 4 years behind anything android and even WP has to offer. I guess people will justify their purchases to the point of making unbelievable claims.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
What a Dipsh*t. He wasted two paragraphs explaining ?Achilles heel?. I love this reader comment: "I have used both and I find that iOS is best suited to the older or technology-limited crowd, or to those people that operate better within given limits. The best part about Android is its openness and the ability to more or less do what you want."

The ability to mod :)

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It's available for iOS as well lol

"That leaves a lot of open questions as to what access Apple might grant developers and when. Details could come at Monday?s Worldwide Developer Conference, where Apple is set to show off the next version of its iOS operating system.
Among those eagerly hoping for good news is TouchType, the maker of the popular SwiftKey software keyboard for Android phones.
Currently, Apple doesn?t allow developers access to create custom keyboards. But Cook?s comments are giving the company reason for optimism."

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
"That leaves a lot of open questions as to what access Apple might grant developers and when. Details could come at Monday?s Worldwide Developer Conference, where Apple is set to show off the next version of its iOS operating system.
Among those eagerly hoping for good news is TouchType, the maker of the popular SwiftKey software keyboard for Android phones.
Currently, Apple doesn?t allow developers access to create custom keyboards. But Cook?s comments are giving the company reason for optimism."

Hmmm..... That's strange. Does that mean my buddy's iPhone was jailbroken?

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I think this is the kind of **** articles that he is talking about:

Google Nexus 7 Still Has One Serious Weakness - Forbes

I can't help but laugh when I read that, but this is the kind of garbage that is dripping of Apple fanboy mentality.

Forbes - the new kings of link bait journalism. That site is also full of Apple hit pieces. Complete and utter trash for the most part.

However, this sub thread started with a point being made about Apple users pointing and laughing at the Nexus 7. I have asked for examples, and even with this article, I still see real thin evidence of that. That Forbes article, poorly written as it is, makes a totally different point. That being, that hardware specs and implementation just don't matter to many people. We all know that chasing hardware is a no-win game of leap frog. The author is making what amounts to a true statement in a lot of cases. Which is, that no matter how good the hardware is, many iOS users will not even consider it.

That does not mean that these people are mocking or making fun of the tablet. It just means that the OS, and especially the attached ecosystem is way more important to them. iOS users with a bunch of apps, music, friends on iMessage, or whatever give up a lot if they switch to another tablet, just because the specs are temporarily in front. So the author is right in a lot of ways. Android is the reason that many will not buy the Nexus 7. But not because Android or the tablet sucks. Stating this reality does not make anyone a fan boy.

Ecosystem stickiness is a really big deal.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
If your friend had a keyboard other than the Apple one, then yes, he would have to be jail broken.

Posted from the incredible Nexus 7

Ok thanks. I didn't know you have to go through all that trouble just to replace one stupid keyboard. What's with all those restrictions anyway?

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Forbes - the new kings of link bait journalism. That site is also full of Apple hit pieces. Complete and utter trash for the most part.

However, this sub thread started with a point being made about Apple users pointing and laughing at the Nexus 7. I have asked for examples, and even with this article, I still see real thin evidence of that. That Forbes article, poorly written as it is, makes a totally different point. That being, that hardware specs and implementation just don't matter to many people. We all know that chasing hardware is a no-win game of leap frog. The author is making what amounts to a true statement in a lot of cases. Which is, that no matter how good the hardware is, many iOS users will not even consider it.

That does not mean that these people are mocking or making fun of the tablet. It just means that the OS, and especially the attached ecosystem is way more important to them. iOS users with a bunch of apps, music, friends on iMessage, or whatever give up a lot if they switch to another tablet, just because the specs are temporarily in front. So the author is right in a lot of ways. Android is the reason that many will not buy the Nexus 7. But not because Android or the tablet sucks. Stating this reality does not make anyone a fan boy.

Ecosystem stickiness is a really big deal.

The undertone of the article is an undeniable Apple Fanboyism. He even says that he can't understand why his son likes Android. To extrapolate - why anyone likes Android. If he hates Android and loves iOS, I could care less. But this piece is in no way just stating facts.

Lstream

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The undertone of the article is an undeniable Apple Fanboyism. He even says that he can't understand why his son likes Android. To extrapolate - why anyone likes Android. If he hates Android and loves iOS, I could care less. But this piece is in no way just stating facts.

One clown writing on Forbes trying to get page hits, is hardly representative of Apple customers, and their attitude towards Android or this tablet. If you want to get upset against anything, it should be indifference.

But it is a fact that lots of people will not switch tablets due to the underlying ecosystem or OS. In both directions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch