possible heat issue?

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
since this is my first tablet, I really have nothing to compare it to. but I sure can tell where the CPU/GPU is located, because it gets pretty warm there at times -- especially when using more than half the memory or have a bunch of tasks running or using the camera in video chat. at one point, it was almost nearing the point of being too hot to touch. it actually has little to no warmth when intensive gaming. I'm just wondering if any heat should be normal at all.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Some heat is to be expected while gaming or watching video, however your case seems to be the opposite of what you should be seeing. No device should ever be "almost to hot to touch".

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

MongoosePanda

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine tends to be pretty warm when I stream crunchy roll and play a bunch of games but mine has never gotten extremely hot. Same for the 2012 Nexus it was warm but not extremely hot. It might be a defect possibly if it gets extremely hot since there should be some heat sink inside the unit to prevent it from overheating

Posted via Android Central App

Joe Joejoe

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
how about video chat? should it get pretty warm from that alone? that's one task I can say that it gets pretty warm everytime.

anyways, so far, haven't had any other issues with it. just a couple of app crashes (like google hangouts), which is probably due to software, but only a couple of times and very irregularly. screen is amazing, absolutely zero light bleeding, nice bright whites (none of that warm yellowish white I've been hearing about). bezel seems to be fit on properly and securely, no creaking or indication that anything is loose. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it, wouldn't really bother to send it back at this point, especially since it was ordered online and if it eventually is found to be a defect, an RMA would be accepted.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes. You're shooting video and streaming video at the same time. This should make your device warmer than usual. I have the same results on my phone.

Sent from my HTC One with MoDaCo.SWITCH Beta 8 using Mobile Nations mobile app