SwiftKey Issue on Nexus 7 (2013)

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Once in a while while typing, one of the keys will get stuck in the long-press configuration: with the number or symbol pop-up box staying up even when I release the press. Then it only goes away if I hit another key.

Anyone else seen this? I wonder if it is a SwiftKey issue, Nexus touchscreen issue, or some adverse interaction.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

hiwayracer

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I use swiftkey on my GS3 and love it, though if memory serves, the swype on 4.3 is built off of swiftkey thus I viewed purchasing it for the Nexus 7 as pointless.

The stock Swype works really well.

genoist

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I use swiftkey on my GS3 and love it, though if memory serves, the swype on 4.3 is built off of swiftkey thus I viewed purchasing it for the Nexus 7 as pointless.

The stock Swype works really well.

Swype and Swiftkey are two separate products. I think that Samsung does use Swiftkey as the basis for their trace keyboard. One of the greatest features of Swiftkey (if you buy it) is the ability to link it to your Google account and sync your trends and word lists across multiple devices. I have an installation on my Nexus 4, and on my Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and it's nice to have my keyboard trends and memory synced between the two devices. Plus, if I have to factory reset one of the devices, or upgrade to a new one, the keyboard doesn't have to re-learn all my words and trends.

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I've had this issue as well using Swype while tap typing.

I suspect it is an OS issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app