What is Google photos sync?

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
In my Nexus 7 Gallery App, under Settings, I notice that "Google photos sync" is ON for my various Google accounts.

What is Google photos sync, and to where are photos being synced?

Thanks,

doug

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
That's the Auto Backup feature of Google +. They're being stored in the cloud tied to your Google account if they are syncing.

They should be here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos or found within the G+ app, your gallery and/or the Google + Photos Icon (shortcut to the correct place in the G+ app). You get unlimited "standard size" photos backed up for free and can share, edit, download, etc. from G+ and you can store up to 15GB free (more with offers and/or paid) of full size images (15GB is combined with your Google Drive and Gmail storage).

douglerner

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
That's the Auto Backup feature of Google +. They're being stored in the cloud tied to your Google account if they are syncing.

They should be here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos or found within the G+ app, your gallery and/or the Google + Photos Icon (shortcut to the correct place in the G+ app). You get unlimited "standard size" photos backed up for free and can share, edit, download, etc. from G+ and you can store up to 15GB free (more with offers and/or paid) of full size images (15GB is combined with your Google Drive and Gmail storage).

I thought it might be something like that, but inside Google+ I don't see any of the photos I have taken with my camera, which are in my gallery.

Also, since I have three Google account setup, how does it know which account it is supposed to sync to?

Thanks,

Doug

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Open Google +, hit menu (top right), select settings, then the 2nd section will say which account you're logged into, but tap the first section (Auto Backup) and that's where you can choose which account, what size you want to use, whether to backup or not and when it should do so.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member