Did the KitKat update fix your touchscreen bugs?

NoraMelua

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
I had some problems with stuck touches on Android 4.3 (but no missed and/or ghost touches). I'm happy to say that KitKat completely eliminated the stuck touches. I sideloaded the update a couple of hours ago and had some time to test everything out by using several apps and games on the device.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Great to hear. I've had very little trouble, but occasionally have a phantom tap or a broken drag. I still love the device, but will enjoy the tablet that much more if they're gone.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
So having been using my nexus 7 constantly for the last hour I can say all my issues have been resolved with this update, no more lagging keyboard, no phantom touches, no dead spots, I'm super happy, its like a new tablet

Posted via Android Central App

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I had some problems with stuck touches on Android 4.3 (but no missed and/or ghost touches). I'm happy to say that KitKat completely eliminated the stuck touches.

That's great news! I was getting occasional stuck touches, too, but no missed or ghost touches.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, unfortunately for me, I still have issues with it being unresponsive after the update. I will say it is better but not perfect.

I am on my third nexus 7. Guess I will soon be on my fourth but if that one sucks I will just give up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Zooks64

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Mine seems to be much improved! So far I'm delighted but I'm going to wait a few days before I'm totally convinced that it really is fixed.

I had actually called this morning to to do another RMA. Keeping my fingers crossed that I won't have to duo it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Any of you guys get random reboots?
Curious if Kitkat helps that...I can't decided whether it's a hardware issue causing flash corruption or if that can be worked around in software...

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Planning on buy a N7 in a couple weeks. But these complaints of touchscreen issues have me really concerned...

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, unfortunately for me, I still have issues with it being unresponsive after the update. I will say it is better but not perfect.

I am on my third nexus 7. Guess I will soon be on my fourth but if that one sucks I will just give up.

Try a factory reset first, it sometimes clears out some bugs.

jonovw

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
After restoring to stock to get the update i noticed quite a few glitches. Before on Paranoid android i had noticed a few but not many. after the update everything seems to be running perfectly

CooCooCaChoo

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yeah kit kat has fixed the majority of problems on the Nexus 7, namely wireless going out and the gps dropping. Now the tablet feels faster, but unfortunately a small handful of apps are broken for me until the developer can update them.

anon(5857193)

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I used to have the "stuck touches" issue on 4.3 and haven't seen it happen since updating to 4.4. So far, so good! Everything is working perfectly.

Fr3lncr

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Try a factory reset first, it sometimes clears out some bugs.

Yeah, I always do that after updating an OS as I don't mind starting from scratch. I also tried reflashing the stock image since they got posted but for whatever reason, it crashes (something about a signed file not verified) though sideloading the OTA update worked fine.

Interestingly this morning the touch screen was completely unresponsive but a hard reset seemed to fix that. So it seems it need to go back to Best Buy. Mind you now I'm wondering whether it is worth it keeping both a Nexus 5 and 7 when the 7 doesn't actually do anything the 5 can't (and one could argue the 5 does more since you have data wherever and some apps can't run on a tablet). Except of course for the larger screen... Decisions, decisions...

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I always do that after updating an OS as I don't mind starting from scratch. I also tried reflashing the stock image since they got posted but for whatever reason, it crashes (something about a signed file not verified) though sideloading the OTA update worked fine.

Interestingly this morning the touch screen was completely unresponsive but a hard reset seemed to fix that. So it seems it need to go back to Best Buy. Mind you now I'm wondering whether it is worth it keeping both a Nexus 5 and 7 when the 7 doesn't actually do anything the 5 can't (and one could argue the 5 does more since you have data wherever and some apps can't run on a tablet). Except of course for the larger screen... Decisions, decisions...

I'm in the same boat about owning a N4 and getting a N7?? Dont have the N7 yet. But getting it during black Friday sales.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez