Google Experience Launcher - get rid of blue swipe screen?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've installed and set up the Google Experience Launcher on my Nexus 7, and am quite happy with it, aside from 1 thing - that stupid blue screen you have to swipe away. As far as I can tell it serves no purpose (probably there for those who use a lock? I don't.), and it gets in the way. Worst is that I use my Nexus 7 as an alarm clock, and I now have to swipe that stupid screen away to press the snooze button.

Anyone know of any way to get rid of that screen? Otherwise I'm going to have to go back to stock or Nova launcher.

Mister Android123

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Blue screen? Can you post a picture? And that is a great idea using the tablet as the alarm clock so my phone doesn't always have to be on.

Posted via Android Central App

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
*sigh* nevermind, turned out it had nothing to with the GEL, but was part of Launcher8, another launcher I played with, and somehow part of it was carrying over even when I was using the GEL. It has been uninstalled, and I hope to never see that dumb screen again. Very odd that it would carry over when I have a different launcher active. Here's what the screen looked like:

launcher-8-theme-nokia-blue-4-2-s-307x512.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress