Play Books won't turn pages after 4.4 update.

pineappleqwer

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
As the title states I recently updated to 4.4, I primarily use my n7 to read from pocket and play books, upload all my books there.

After the update I opened the play book app and now it goes full screen which is a nice touch; however, I am unable to turn pages anymore. For a reading app, this is really needed, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, if so how did they trouble shoot it.

Thanks guys.

Peter Cremers

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Updated to 4.4 on my 2013 n7 play books wont turn pages

Same problemen here. As a workaround i configured the volume Keys tot be user for page turning but have to use on/off tot leave application. Hope they fix this soon.

Nick762

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Re: Updated to 4.4 on my 2013 n7 play books wont turn pages

I have the same problem with Play Books.

I have bought my first Android device, a Nexus 7 for my daughter (for Christmas so I'm still tinkering with it) and have set myself up as device owner with her on a restricted account. I don't seem to have any problem reading books using my login but when I sign in with her ID I can't turn more than one or two pages before the app goes full screen and ceases to respond. I can't even get the home button back by swiping and the only way out seems to be to press the volume button which brings back the small screen view - I haven't set it to turn pages.

Is this an issue that effects only restricted accounts?

As it upgraded to 4.4 almost as soon as I had charged it I can't say how it behaved under the last version.

TBH I may stick with the Kindle app for reading.

Peter Cremers

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi , i'm using another account tot but it is not a restricted one. I have noticed that soms apps are having difficulty with multiple accounts. Meaning the first account can run the app but other accounts generate various errors. Might be the case here but I suppose Google will fix these sooner than other companies.

HalizDad

Banned
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Until they fix that bug, head over to the Play Store and download Aldiko (free) Book Reader. It works. It's the only reader I use, though Google Book looks pretty good. There's also a Pro Version of Aldiko. I'd use Google Books, but all of my books are on Dropbox.

Peter Cremers

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I've taken the suggestion of clearing the system cache by B. Diddy tot town andere that did the trick. I am now able tot turn pages even with a seconden account. Wiping the system cache really does het rid of inconsistent behaviour. I'll try the other apps that werd giving me trouble next !