Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Patrick Schroedl
  • 1 Post By B. Diddy
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Can't download nor install new apps fron playstore HELP ?

Since a few weeks ago, I noticed that downloading and installing new apps directly from the playstore app within my nexus 7 2013 (4.4.2) no longer worked: I can pick an app, press to install, accept the permissions then the download goes on and on. I could still install app from the web playstore, directing them to my tablet but even this seems to no longer work.

I have about 20% memory left could this be the reason. I also have a nexus 5 phone hooked-up to the same google account; any impact ?

Thanks,

Mike

Default Re: Can't download nor install new apps fron playstore HELP ?

Memory could play some factor in this. Having a smartphone on the same Google account shouldn't impact the situation. I too use a N7 (2012) model and HTC One off the same Google account.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Global Posts
    4,037 Global Posts
    ROM
    Phoenix 1.6 Sense 5 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Fortin View Post
    Since a few weeks ago, I noticed that downloading and installing new apps directly from the playstore app within my nexus 7 2013 (4.4.2) no longer worked: I can pick an app, press to install, accept the permissions then the download goes on and on. I could still install app from the web playstore, directing them to my tablet but even this seems to no longer work.

I have about 20% memory left could this be the reason. I also have a nexus 5 phone hooked-up to the same google account; any impact ?

Thanks,

Mike
    You can have more than one device connected to the same google account. Is it that the download never finishes or you get an error? It might be your internet connection.
    “Knowing how to think empowers you far beyond those who know only what to think.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

In September of 2014 comes the greatest tool to modify almost any HTC phone. Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, and more. Open sourced, powerful, powered by the cloud via SSL, and best of all, it's 100% free. All built by me. Get ready to rock!

Salue Michel

Are you using Home WiFi or WiFi from McDonalds or Tim Horton's ?

If you're using Home WiFi, check your router.

B

Quote Originally Posted by Michel Fortin View Post

Thanks,

Mike
    The Nexus 5 and relatively low memory are less likely to be an issue until you start talking about very low memory situations. I would suggest using the 'force stop' and 'clear data' options in Settings > Apps > Play Store and Settings > Apps > Download Manager, and trying again. If that doesn't work, or you've already tried that, the next step would be removing and re-adding your Google account on the device. After that, likely a factory reset. There were similar Play Store issues after the 4.3 update, but they were addressed by an update version of the Play Store app itself (which you should have already). As for why the desktop Play Store site is no longer working, I have no idea. The Play Store app on the phone may still be where the issue lies.

On the Google Play Support Digital Content page, you can use the 'Contact Us' option and choose:

1. 'Using and downloading Google Play apps & digital content'
    2. 'Download apps & games'
    3. 'Seeing stuck or unsuccessful downloads on all apps & games'

Here's what it gives you:

Confirm that you've performed all the basic troubleshooting steps:

1. Cancel and restart the downloads.
    2. Reboot your device (turn it completely off and back on - turning off the screen is not sufficient).
    3. Clear the cache/data of the Google Play Store app and the Download manager:

1. Visit Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage applications
    2. Tab over to "All"
    3. Select "Play Store," then tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache;" then, select Download manager and tap "Clear data" and "Clear cache."

Try your downloads on both WiFi and network (3G/4G) connection if available. If one works but not the other, the issue is with your connection on that network, and you should contact your provider. If you're on a WiFi-only device, ensure firewalls aren't blocking access to ports required for Google Play to download (TCP and UDP 5228).
    If you follow those prompts, there are also links to related pages and to contact them.
    B. Diddy likes this.

Might also be worth trying a system cache partition wipe.

[GUIDE] Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013) Cache Partition Wipe

Posted via Android Central App