Google Nexus user accounts

Matt_Nexusx2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys
Sorry if this has been answered before or makes me sound stupid for asking but.....
I have the Nexus 7 the original one and I am buying the new 2013 version my question is can I use the same Google account on both?

Reason, my son is getting the old one as he plays minecraft (eyes raised to the heavens) on it and apparently everything he has built is saved on the device. We think if I delete my user account from the old one, and create a new one for him, all will be lost as far as his minecraft goes (I suspect it will appear on my new one though?)

Any help from people a lot smarter than me would be appreciated
Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Yes, you can use multiple devices on the same Google account. You'll be able to decide whether or not to install Minecraft or any other app that you installed from Google Play on your new device. I'm pretty sure that removing your Google account from the older device will uninstall the associated apps from your account, including the game data, but perhaps someone else with experience in this can confirm.

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Naturlisch. Anyone who has done multi profile already knows the settings are not shared, and if you change the primary account it will replace existing data INCLUDING you would need to buy Minecraft itself all over again.

There is minimal interference to having him use the old tablet with your account as long as he doesn't mess with your calendar or other important synced data.

Side note considering how awful most modern games are, Minecraft is one of the best games he could be playing on Android.

Matt_Nexusx2

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Many thanks to you all, what a great forum this is for people like me who need a little pointing in the right direction. If I get stuck again, highly likely, i'll come back.

Again Many Thanks
Matt

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks to you all, what a great forum this is for people like me who need a little pointing in the right direction. If I get stuck again, highly likely, i'll come back.

Again Many Thanks
Matt

Hey, you can come back even if you don't get stuck! Come just to participate in the wonderful conversation. It's fun!

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I sort of had the reverse issue with this. I let my son Play minecraft on my Nexus 10, then he saved his allowance, Birthday and Christmas Money and bought himself a nexus 7.

We set him up with a Gmail account and used a google play gift card to buy a new version of Minecraft PE for the Nexus 7. Then we used either NFC or a Bluetooth file transfer to copy over the saved games from My Nexus 10 to his nexus 7.

Devlyn16

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Congratulations, your child has some backbone. :)

It helps that he chose an attainable goal. if he had wanted a Nexus 10 then he may not ahve met with sucess so easily. It was a good lesson because we were able to pint out that he had been saving his $$ since before he knew what he wanted, so because of that savings he was able to reach his goal quicker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa