youtube videos not displaying play and pause buttons on lock screen

Terrorizer

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
When I casting a youtube video from my nexus 7 to my tv via chromecast, I have to wake up the tablet, unlock the screen, then pull up the youtube window and press pause or play.

I seem to remember in the past that if my tablet went to sleep while I was watching a youtube video, I could just wake it up and I could pause or play the video directly from the lock screen, just like netflix.

I don't know why this no longer works for youtube. Is there some kind of setting I need to change? Or am I remembering things incorrectly? I could have swore I was able to pause and play youtube from the lock screen when I first got my tablet.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you're NOT casting YouTube and you try the same thing - do the controls show up on the lockscreen then?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure I can do that on my device. But, I will give it a try. Also, I am not using a ChromeCast, my TV has that casting capability built in.

Terrorizer

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
What happens when you're NOT casting YouTube and you try the same thing - do the controls show up on the lockscreen then?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

I played a youtube video with out casting it, when I hit the sleep button, the normal lock screen showed up when I woke it back up. I had to unlock it and pull up the youtube video to continue watching.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am pretty sure I can do that on my device. But, I will give it a try. Also, I am not using a ChromeCast, my TV has that casting capability built in.

So I gave it a try and like Terrorizer, the normal lock screen appeared. No special screen for controlling the TV

Terrorizer

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well regardless of weather or not it did it before, the latest update added it. Also, voice to text now works (again) on youtube. I am happy.