Who has NOT received an OTA yet?

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
According to Droid Life today, Google released a factory image for 5.0.2 for the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi. So that may be why many haven't gotten the 5.0.1 update. But commenters are saying this release doesn't fix the memory leak.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
According to a Forbes article Google is already working on a 5.1 release slated for Jan/Feb. There's speculation that some phone carriers will skip 5.0.x entirely and wait for 5.1, meaning some people may not see Lollipop on phones until late spring.

Mention this here because it wouldn't surprise me if pressure from carriers and manufacturers to get Lollipop right for their devices is more important to Google than updating legacy tablets.

Jeff Goebel

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
It's so frustrating to be behind this long on a Nexus 7 (new). Argh! January 4, and I check twice a day at least... like waiting for a Halloween gift to arrive in the mail from Grandma... and she forgot to mail it but thinks she did. (grin)

MartialText

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Still waiting for mine. It really sucks when third party devices are now getting the update and my N7 2013 has not. I tried sideloading it, but I get a "device not found" error. I've read a few others have had the same issue. Now I'm just hoping my N7 gets it before my M8.

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
From what I've read, both here and elsewhere, it seems like there is little upside to updating to Lollipop, and at least some potential downsides. I am happy with KitKat and will likely stick with it.

Zetaprime

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting for mine. It really sucks when third party devices are now getting the update and my N7 2013 has not. I tried sideloading it, but I get a "device not found" error. I've read a few others have had the same issue. Now I'm just hoping my N7 gets it before my M8.

You have to play around a bit to get the driver loaded. It did the same to me at first.

skyrockett

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
i've had lollipop update hanging in notification area back in November. I kept dismissing it and now it's been over a month or even more no lollipop update. I guess lollipop got offended :))))

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
i've had lollipop update hanging in notification area back in November. I kept dismissing it and now it's been over a month or even more no lollipop update. I guess lollipop got offended :))))

Me too. I think they pulled the update until they have a solid bug free update to roll out to all.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I haven't gotten it for my wife's Nexus 7 2013, I have it on mine, and it seems to kill the battery super fast compared to 4.4.4. I don't think I will install it on the wife's even if it shows up.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays