Rooted Nexus 7, want to format back to factory do i need to re-root?

myseryfx

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
So i have a rooted nexus 7, everythings all cluttered in different screens and running out of space, I want to start fresh again. can someone give me directions on how to go about doing this? do i just reset to factory in settings and then re-root it? or is there another procedure since the device is already rooted?

thanks!

:-\

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset (Settings/General/Backup and reset/Factory data reset. It'll uninstall any apps you downloaded and remove all the data you put in (Google account, etc.) You'll still be rooted, since that's a system file doing that, but you'll probably have to download the superuser app again. (Superuser or SuperSU. If you're using SuperSU, you can try putting it into survival mode [it's in the app's settings tab] and it may survive the reset. I've never tried it so I can't say it definitely will, but at worst, just go to the play store and install it again. I don't know if Superuser has a facility for that.)

myseryfx

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Factory reset (Settings/General/Backup and reset/Factory data reset. It'll uninstall any apps you downloaded and remove all the data you put in (Google account, etc.) You'll still be rooted, since that's a system file doing that, but you'll probably have to download the superuser app again. (Superuser or SuperSU. If you're using SuperSU, you can try putting it into survival mode [it's in the app's settings tab] and it may survive the reset. I've never tried it so I can't say it definitely will, but at worst, just go to the play store and install it again. I don't know if Superuser has a facility for that.)

thank you Rukbat! happy holidays

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo