Keeps Restarting by Itself.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been having a little problem with my 2013 Nexus 7 LTE Android Tablet. I had to do a factory data reset a couple of months ago because Google told me to. The device was refusing to play ANY ON LINE VIDEOS. It would only play videos stored on the device. So I did what Google said. It took a VERY LONG TIME to get it back to where I had it. And now, it periodically restarts all by itself. Maybe once a day. How can I stop this filthy, disgusting behavior?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
After it restarts, look in Settings/General/Battery. Press the graph to get to a second graph. Look for a very sharp, very narrow drop to 0 or nearly 0, followed by a sharp rise back to, or almost back to, where it was. If you see that, you need a new battery.

If not you need a repair shop. A battery failing in that mode is about the only thing we can actually diagnose on a forum. Everything else, without actually having the tablet, is guesswork.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
After it restarts, look in Settings/General/Battery. Press the graph to get to a second graph. Look for a very sharp, very narrow drop to 0 or nearly 0, followed by a sharp rise back to, or almost back to, where it was. If you see that, you need a new battery.

If not you need a repair shop. A battery failing in that mode is about the only thing we can actually diagnose on a forum. Everything else, without actually having the tablet, is guesswork.
I will do this the very next time it behaves like that. Thank you very much.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Rukbat

I am attaching a screenshot of what I hope is the graph you told me to look at. To me, this graph appears to display the behavior that you described. So I must need a new battery 🔋 unless you tell me otherwise. How do I go about getting it replaced? I got my 2013 Nexus 7 LTE Android Tablet from Google Play. Should I contact them? If the battery does get replaced, will I be starting from the beginning like after a factory data reset? I really would appreciate some step-by-step advice as to how to proceed. Thank you.

Attachments

• 1421202362135.jpg
    1421202362135.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 20

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything wrong with your graph - the vertical black space in the graph merely shows the point at which the device restarted.

You could use something like https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=be.watana.rebootlogger&token=gfUsRTTc to log how often reboots are occurring.

You could also try booting into Safe mode (and leave it in Safe mode all day) - if you don't have any reboot issues in Safe mode then some 3rd party application is causing your problem.

StLouisMan2

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
You could also try booting into Safe mode (and leave it in Safe mode all day) - if you don't have any reboot issues in Safe mode then some 3rd party application is causing your problem.
I want to thank you so much for your help/advice! How do I get my Tablet into Safe Mode?