The Nexus 7 (2013) Android 5.1 Lollipop Thread

Dmjohn29

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
That's interesting. I'd say that for me, responsiveness and stability are way more important. I can charge my tablet if it's low, but I can't do a darn thing if it's not performing well.

I haven't run any proper tests yet, but 5.1 seems really good on all fronts for me in the couple of weeks it's been in use.

Same here. I'm very happy with 5.1. Battery life is as good as, or better, than it was under KitKat.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Im pretty satisfied with 5.1 so im not in any big rush to have 5.1.1 Does anyone have the release sheet on it?

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
5.1.1 is up on google development site

Even though I've broken more than one thing over the years by updating... I still can't stop myself. :confused:

Just now updated 5.1 --> 5.1.1 using the NRT's No-Wipe option to flash the full image. No issues during update. Re-rooted just fine, no loss of data or settings.

Yay.

davisgq

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, after 5.1 update, my auto screen rotation stopped working at all.
I tried everything.
Does anyone else has the same problem?

Mine seems to have gotten worse after the 5.1 update. I would have this issue sporadically with the previous OS but was able to determine that it was a recently downloaded app not playing nice. Now I can't really pinpoint what it is or if it is an older app not playing nice or if maybe a recently updated app isn't 5.1 ready. In the past week, I've had to reset my Nexus 7 at least 4 times and it would work again for a while. I don't mind occasional reboots to fix the issue, but it's been getting out of hand recently. When I boot it in safe mode, the orientation works so I am thinking it could be an app.

anon(604250)

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
My N7 started playing up after the 5.0.x releases. Random reboots, occasional freezes. Annoying stuff. But after 5.1 it seemed to settle down. Then over the past week it started really acting bonkers. Frequent reboots, reinitialising all the apps on startup, things like that.

Granted, the device has been through four OS upgrades without getting reset, so I took my medicine like a big boy and did a factory reset yesterday. It's running fast and smooth, no reboots or freezes. Moral of the story: factory resets may be a tedious exercise, but they're worth it. Just make sure you have a recent, reliable backup!

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, after 5.1 update, my auto screen rotation stopped working at all. I tried everything. Does anyone else has the same problem?
Mine seems to have gotten worse after the 5.1 update.............When I boot it in safe mode, the orientation works so I am thinking it could be an app.
Have you tried wiping the cache partition from recovery?
or
It sounds like you both got to 5.1 from an update. How about doing a full clean install of the 5.1 factory image?
:cool:

George Valiakos

May 7, 2015
Visit site
5.1 is much smoother than 5.0.2 But the battery drain is almost 50% more! This is really bad, as in practice, tablet cannot survive a full day of work as previously. Hoping to solve this fast...

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I already had 5.1, but just saw another update come through on mine. It still said 5.1, but I wonder if it's 5.1.1? My wifi at work is very slow, but I'll advise when it's done.

pbelfi

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why I have had 5.1 for close to
two weeks now, and people are just getting it today! I just got notified that 5.1.1 was available.... I just downloaded and installed it about an hour ago, and haven't seen any problems yet...... BTW 5.1 ran perfectly as well.

Last edited:

jnbarth

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I already had 5.1, but just saw another update come through on mine. It still said 5.1, but I wonder if it's 5.1.1? My wifi at work is very slow, but I'll advise when it's done.

I just got the same notification. It is 5.1.1. So far everything is fine.

Posted via Android Central App

beachfl1

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Can I just go from v.4 to v.5.1, if it ever comes? So far all I'm seeing is an offer to download 5.02 which I've ignored.
Update files are incremental, and only update from one specific build to another specific build, one step up. (You probably won't be offered an update to 5.1 until it's already got 5.0.) It might be better and easier to just grab the newest (5.1.1) full image, and install the whole thing clean. :cool:

Last edited:

Graham Lee77

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
Well my Nexus 7 almost completely died the other day on 5.1.

Became completely unresponsive, massive battery drain, 100% to flat within 3-4 hours on standby only.

Took the decision to hard reset, which I didn't take lightly as restoring is always a pain.

But I can honestly say, after it finished rebooting it installed 5.1.1 and has been perfect ever since. Getting 2-3 days standby time again like I was getting on Kitkat, and much more responsive. Only app which still struggles is Chrome, but I've always had issues with it as not responding to clicked links and closing tabs, however I use Chrome on my ultrabook and my Note 4 so like to sync across all of them.

Now debating whether to reset my Note 4 which was updated to 5.0.1 last week... time will tell.

BullwinkleMoose

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks, Beach.

"It might be better and easier to just grab the newest (5.1.1) full image, and install the whole thing clean. "

How do I do that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa