Swiftkey Issues in Chrome Text Boxes

physioprof

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Swiftkey in Chrome text entry boxes? Autocomplete is doubling up words and backing up the cursor in weird ways during text entry in Web page text boxes. It seems to be limited to Google Chrome, and not a problem in other apps. Started happening recently after I updated both (I think) Chrome and Swiftkey.

MerkurMan

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I'm having the same problems. I remember this exact issue happening in the past, and I forgot whether it was an update to chrome or SwiftKey that inevitably fixed it.

I do know that in this instance, it was an update to chrome that caused the issue. I have temporarily worked around it by reverting updates to chrome. Unfortunately, that also reset all my cookies, but at least I can post replies to forums without pulling my hair out. If you don't want to go that far with it, just type your text in to a text editor app or a blank email and copy/paste in to the chrome window.

I hope it gets solved soon!

Posted via the Android Central App

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
74a78f6a5407db066255352d61d3bf2e.jpg

Sent from my rooted Nexus 7 (2013) using Tapatalk

api7342

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Swiftkey in Chrome text entry boxes? Autocomplete is doubling up words and backing up the cursor in weird ways during text entry in Web page text boxes. It seems to be limited to Google Chrome, and not a problem in other apps. Started happening recently after I updated both (I think) Chrome and Swiftkey.

Yes, this has been happening to me as well. It's been happening more and more frequently. I used to be able to temporarily fix it by restarting Chrome, but now that seems to be ineffective.

It doesn't happen on all sites.