N7 2013 Charging anomalies...Long in tooth?

Eaton Scrapple

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
A lot of times my N7 2013 will fail to charge on the wireless charger. Last night it stopped charging while hard wired to the charger. It's like a gremlin steps in and stops it from charging. I suppose the battery in it is on its way out? Anybody else with a similar affliction?

Eaton Scrapple

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no overheating. It's almost that when the battery saver kicks in because the charge goes below 10%, when you hook it back up to either the wire or wireless charger, it consumes more power trying to charge than it has left, so stops charging. It's really annoying! The battery graph even shows it starting to charge up and then just flat quitting and draining again. That's why I'm suspecting the battery inside is about to go. Either that or there is a bug in Lollipop having to do with charging!

Eaton Scrapple

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I actually found a solution (?) I had used a USB extension cable, 6ft, between the charger and the short charging cable.

Apparently the USB cable is not just a straight through power circuit. I got a 6ft long micro USB charging cable instead, and that seems to be working now. I guess you can't just piece things together in the USB world!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty