Security patch won't install

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The latest security patch has downloaded. There's the usual 10 second countdown, then the installer tells me it will reboot and install, but it hangs there and eventually just closes itself.

Fully stock, locked boot loader, no root of anything. Rebooted, cleared cache in recovery, still no change. Any suggestions?

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The latest security patch has downloaded. There's the usual 10 second countdown, then the installer tells me it will reboot and install, but it hangs there and eventually just closes itself.

Fully stock, locked boot loader, no root of anything. Rebooted, cleared cache in recovery, still no change. Any suggestions?

The one suggestion I have is before you try to install it, go to the Marshmallow update link posted in AC and download and install it first. Your device is still in build LMY48M, so it should download for you. If you install the security update first, it'll install build LMY48T and you won't be able to download the Marshmallow update. So see if you can do the OS update first. Or you'll be waiting for Marshmallow for a while, just like the rest of us who installed the security update first.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
The one suggestion I have is before you try to install it, go to the Marshmallow update link posted in AC and download and install it first. Your device is still in build LMY48M, so it should download for you. If you install the security update first, it'll install build LMY48T and you won't be able to download the Marshmallow update. So see if you can do the OS update first. Or you'll be waiting for Marshmallow for a while, just like the rest of us who installed the security update first.

That's great, but doesn't address why my update is failing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty