looks like Android 5.1 is very close at hand...

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
True, but having to do this all the time is ridiculous... Since the N9 has been released, we haven't seen any major updates addressing any of the issues we've had. I really love my tablet, but these issues are becoming old...

J

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
True, but having to do this all the time is ridiculous... Since the N9 has been released, we haven't seen any major updates addressing any of the issues we've had. I really love my tablet, but these issues are becoming old...

J

Completely agree. Nexus is a beta but I figured they will fix this at a month or two tops after I spent a week with it and saw the problems. Didn't return it because I love the hardware. Now approaching six months with it and I'm rather annoyed with Google.

Loved every other Nexus device I've had but this thing is for sale and I have a Z2 tablet on the way.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, I can see the reasoning about getting the most Nexus devices in the most people's hands getting the update first but dang.... I would like to have the newest update on the newest tablet a bit faster.
all I can say is they must be making sure it runs pretty damn well before they release it to the mass public.
I can't remember where I read that the Nexus 9 will skip directly to 5.1.1 as I read all kinds of articles relating to the newest releases of Android. Some are just click bait - but this one seemed to be quite genuine. if I can find it and I will post a link.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
5.1.1 has been made available for flashing to the WIFI Nexus 7's & Nexus 10 (the factory images are up on the developer page). This is a good sign :)

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Well there's no N9 image, we all said the same thing about the images being a good thing after posting for the other nexus devices, look where that got us.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress