looks like Android 5.1 is very close at hand...

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Agreed, 5.0.2 seems to have been aimed at the nexus 7 for the most part (bug fixes).
5.1 should bring much more in terms of usability to all Nexus devices (& non nexus devices that receive the update).

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
That would be awesome :)
Coming from an n7 2012 I'm use to a lot of battery life. The n9 just doesn't quite match the old n7 there. A bigger screen & white backgrounds take their toll.....

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't think white backgrounds have anything to do with battery consumption as it's not an amoled screen. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I too have no real complaints, but the media needs something to add a bit of sensationalism to the stories...
If your truly interested in the complaints just google 5.1 Lollipop & you'll run across several (especially form phone users that have received the update).
I got the Sprint 5.0 update a few days ago on the S5 & LOVE it - Verizon pushed the 5.0 update out to their S5's & everybody Hates it (mostly due to Verizon's tinkering with 5.0).

jstwondrng

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
What are the major complaints? I'm not sure if I have any. Maybe I should have some and just don't know it yet.

Some of us are experiencing minor issues with our tablets such as slowdown, app crashes, sluggish OS, etc... Nothing crucial, but should be addressed and hopefully corrected in the update.

J

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Some of us are experiencing minor issues with our tablets such as slowdown, app crashes, sluggish OS, etc... Nothing crucial, but should be addressed and hopefully corrected in the update.
I've had mine since Christmas and haven't experienced any of that, so I'm good.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah there definitely are a bunch of little quirks. Nothing really too big and i can't even remember all of them, but I have noticed many little weird things.system Settings getting forgotten, memory showing incorrect available amount, slow downs, home screen redraws, buggy auto brightness, flickering screen at certain brightness settings once in a while and many other little oddities. Overall this thing is not as "finished" as an n7 running kit Kat imo, but I still love the tablet and it's a keeper.

systemofadown1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
***EDIT***
This tablet is awesome but I'm not gonna say its Not as refined as it Could have been (I don't own stock in google ;) ).
There are small quarks that could be easily fixed & hopefully they will be :)

Last edited: