Google Nexus 9 Best Buy $100 trade in credit

kansasandroid1

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best Buy $100 trade in credit

Dang that's a good deal I have an old Asus TF300 laying around that I may use for this get the $100 off and I also have a $50 best buy gift card lying around

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(7743380)

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site

I'm interested to know if the trade in is a guaranteed $50. For instance, I have the Nexus 7 16gb 2012 and according to their trade in center I would only get $20. The wording however makes it sound like as long as it turns on you get that. Also, just to point out in the fine print, you will get charged tax for the full retail price of the tablet not the discounted price. So if all that holds true I would only get 70 bucks towards the 9 and still pay the 32 bucks in tax. Final price somewhere around $362. Not really saving as much as first though imo.

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I'm interested to know if the trade in is a guaranteed $50. For instance, I have the Nexus 7 16gb 2012 and according to their trade in center I would only get $20. The wording however makes it sound like as long as it turns on you get that. Also, just to point out in the fine print, you will get charged tax for the full retail price of the tablet not the discounted price. So if all that holds true I would only get 70 bucks towards the 9 and still pay the 32 bucks in tax. Final price somewhere around $362. Not really saving as much as first though imo.

I am in the same boat, got the same Nexus 7 as you that has been collecting dust for years. I saw they only gave $20 online (surprisingly they only give $10 for the 32GB) but yet they promise $50 in the ad. I might bring my N7 by there tonight and see what happens, but I am really hoping that a white 32GB comes in stock before the offer runs out.

Scotlac

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

Not sure how all of us missed this, but Best Buy is running a trade in program for a very short amount of time.

Trade in any tablet and get an automatic $50 gift card on qualifying tablets, and then another $50 credit toward the Nexus 9.

Trade In Offer 128815 - Best Buy

Nice find, thanks for posting!!! I bought mine yesterday and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can take advantage of this without having to return my current tablet. Anyone know?

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Nice find, thanks for posting!!! I bought mine yesterday and I'm wondering if there's anyway I can take advantage of this without having to return my current tablet. Anyone know?

I would also like to know this, but I did use the movers coupon to save 10% already so I doubt the $50 coupon would stack.

jsabo

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Damn, wish I'd seen this. Although I don't know how I would choose between turning over my 2001 Kindle Fire or a Touchpad... :)

roninmedia

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

So they gave you $50 for you N7 plus a $50 gift card? Nice. I'm going to have to go to Best Buy this week.
They give you a $50 gift card for your old tablet as long as it turns on and does not have water damage or a cracked screen. In addition to the $50 gift card for your old device, you get a coupon for $50 off the price of the Nexus 9. You can trade up to two devices (They will ask for driver's license) for $100 in gift cards and 2 coupons for $50 off the purchase of a Nexus 9. Coupons will not stack so you can not apply both $50 off coupons to your purchase nor can you apply a mover's coupon on top so your max discount from this deal is $150 off.

Last edited:

roninmedia

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

You can trade in your tablet and decide that the Nexus 9 isn't for you. You can use the gift card for anything you want. It's just a standard Best-Buy gift card.

Issemann

May 20, 2010
Visit site

You can trade in your tablet and decide that the Nexus 9 isn't for you. You can use the gift card for anything you want. It's just a standard Best-Buy gift card.
Thanks. But I meant, can you use it right away to purchase the Nexus 9?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. But I meant, can you use it right away to purchase the Nexus 9?

Probably not. It sounds like the gift card is given to you upon purchasing the Nexus 9, and for use towards anything after that. I could be wrong, so some clarification on this would be great.

mtva24

May 28, 2013
Visit site

So they gave you $50 for you N7 plus a $50 gift card? Nice. I'm going to have to go to Best Buy this week.

Yessir...i actually bought mine yesterday and didn't have my old tab on me...they just told me to bring it back later w/ the receipt.....not sure what i am gonna use the giftcard for. They wouldn't let me put it back on my credit card and they said i couldn't buy a visa giftcard w/ a BB giftcard.

roninmedia

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

Probably not. It sounds like the gift card is given to you upon purchasing the Nexus 9, and for use towards anything after that. I could be wrong, so some clarification on this would be great.

1. You go to the customer service desk to trade in your tablet(s)
  2. You receive a $50 gift card and a $50 coupon off for the Nexus 9 for each device up to 2 devices
  3. You go buy your Nexus 9 or whatever you want

I've done the Tablet trade in offer before, not this one, but the fine print terms are the same as always.

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Alright, I can confirm deal now. I went there and after a little confusion in their systems I was able to get the $50 discount and $50 card. Now with the holiday returns and exchange policy Best Buy put in I have all the way till January to find a white version!

fm123

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
A legitimate question is if they have none in the store and the coupon runs out, is the coupon still valid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer