Problem Rooting N1 with 2.2.1

josef420

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to root my Nexus One with no luck. I keep getting this error. I am follwing the instructions from the rooting link here on Android Central.

The error reads: AdbWinApi.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I'm not sure what application needs to be reinstalled but I deleted the fastboot file and redownloaded it with no luck.

Any help guys? Thanks in advance.

danger-rat

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
You need to install the drivers in the sdk.

Run the sdk manager, and then select the "available packages" option. Expand the third party packages, then expand the Google packages and select USB drivers.

Boot the phone into fastboot (not hboot), and windows should start to look for the drivers. Use the select location option, and point to the usb drivers folder in sdk...

Should work then...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Simer03

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
SuperOneClick for Nexus 2.2.2??

I really want to root my Nexus cuz im sick of waiting for Gingerbread as i was under the impression i bought this phone to get updates faster, not wait like people with carrier phones! but anyway, i wanna use SuperOneClick but im on Android 2.2.2....is it safe to use it even with this version? i know u can do it with 2.2.1, but 2.2.2? thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
movefla19