What's missing?

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
With the premium price of this phone, what are the features that you think SHOULD have been included? Where did Google miss the mark? To me they should have included at least one of the following..

1) Water proofing. Ip67 minimum like the iphone
2) Stereo speakers
3) IR blaster (sad that phones are forgetting about this)
4) something new. (Just feel like there should be something to differentiate it better from other phones)

Having said that, I still ordered one because I think it's a great phone. Let me know what you think are some misses of this phone for the price.

Ecm

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging?

Also, I'm not keen on the fingerprint reader on the back. If my device is on a stand or flat on the desk, I'd like to activate the FP reader without picking it up -- like the S7.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
- Front-facing dual speakers.
- Water/shock proof, etc, all that good stuff.
- Bezels that aren't the size of a coaster.
- A sexy white and red version/black and red version (probably coming later as another limited edition, like the Nexus 5?)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I don't care either way about the wireless charging; had it on the Nexus 5 and the 6 (though it sucked because the back of the phone is not flat), don't really miss it on my 6P or my wife's 5X.

But, I am bothered by the lack of stereo, front facing speakers...

gizak

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
For the premium pricing, and the stiff competition, I definitely would expect more. I will miss the front facing stereo speakers, and I have definitely been missing the IR blaster. Wireless charging was a convenience I got used to not having, but not necessary with the usb type C connections and super faster charging. I bet next version will have to be water resistant though... it's finally becoming a standard that many will expect from this point forward.

Stevenmc8602

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
lol @ it needs to have EVERYTHING as other phones but needs something else to differentiate from the other phones as but still remain cheaper than other phones bc it isn't as well known...

Do y'all read what y'all actually request? lol

David Loman

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm on with everything really. The only thing I ask for is international support and availability. Google phones (previously Nexus) cannot compete with Apple for the specific reason of not being available worldwide. You can buy an iPhone even in the farthest country and get support. You're well served if you're a US resident, otherwise, what's the point on getting one if I won't be able to get any support if something goes wrong? That's the one thing missing for me

Rocketsaucev2

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging?

Also, I'm not keen on the fingerprint reader on the back. If my device is on a stand or flat on the desk, I'd like to activate the FP reader without picking it up -- like the S7.
Interestingly, if it was wirelessly charging you have to pick it up to use it

willo99

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Google wants this phone to be comparable to the iPhone 7 and gs7, but I don't think it can compete without some more features. The single speaker is a letdown, and I feel like it could have been waterproof. Theyve also done Qi charging in the past (I have it on my nexus 5) and I don't see why they didn't include that convenience.

anon(5689577)

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm with several others on wanting the dual front facing speakers. To be honest, though, I'd be happy with one front facing speaker on the top. There isn't much of a stereo effect from something so small, but it is better than having to cup your hand around the bottom of the phone to direct the sound.

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
(1) Since the top & bottom bezels are so large, front-facing stereo speakers and a
(2) Home button on the front.
(3) Water resistance
(4) MicroSD support
(5) Wireless charging
(6) Bigger battery
(7) Better design

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Wireless charging
Dual front speakers
HiFi DAC
Better design (thinner bezels, less glass on back)
LCD
FM radio

Don't really care about MicroSD support since it's just not a reliable storage option.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Waterproof
SD card slot
Dual sim
Dual rear and front camera
hardware optical image stabilization
Stereo speakers
IR blaster
Notification led
AMOLED display
Removable battery
Google mods such as battery pack
$499 with 4 years OS and security updates.