Why did you choose the Pixel or Pixel XL?

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
So I cannot return my iPhone 7 Plus to VZW and I REALLY want to get a Pixel phone but I am torn on which to get. The stores around me do not have any in stock nor a demo out so I cannot get hands on with them. I love the large screen of my 7 Plus so I am leaning towards the Pixel XL. I am hoping those of you who actually have the phone in hand and has a little bit of experience with them can give me some feedback. Thanks folks!

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
So I cannot return my iPhone 7 Plus to VZW and I REALLY want to get a Pixel phone but I am torn on which to get. The stores around me do not have any in stock nor a demo out so I cannot get hands on with them. I love the large screen of my 7 Plus so I am leaning towards the Pixel XL. I am hoping those of you who actually have the phone in hand and has a little bit of experience with them can give me some feedback. Thanks folks!

The question of which is completely subjective on your screen size preference. I have the Smaller pixel because I wanted something a little more compact, but with both phones being identical other than the battery size and screen size/resolution there's really no disadvantage to doing one over the other unless you really need the bigger battery in the XL.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Unless someone has had experience with both, thoughts would be to a degree presumption for the model they don't. That said, not personally having held either (but anxiously awaiting my XL), I would encourage you to go with the XL if budget permits. If you're used to and appreciate the 5.5" screen of the 7 Plus, going to a 5" screen will be a pretty big hit. All the more so if you anticipate using Daydream VR, where the XL's 2560 x 1440 resolution display will certainly outperform the regular Pixel's 1920 x 1080 screen.

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I appreciate the input so far! If I do it I would order from the Google Store using the financing and just pop my Verizon sim into the phone. Unfortunately though, the XL is out of stock. Seems I will be on a man hunt like I was for the 7 Plus. lol

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I decided to get the xl because of the bigger screen and bigger battery, even though now we know that screen size and battery life is relative to each device. Still, I think I chose the right size for me.

shebamehr

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking into Google Daydream VR, i'd say the Pixel XL, since its screen resolution is quadHD (2K), vs. the Pixel's 1080p display. That bump in resolution will be noticeable if you're planning on utilizing its VR capabilities.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking into Google Daydream VR, i'd say the Pixel XL, since its screen resolution is quadHD (2K), vs. the Pixel's 1080p display. That bump in resolution will be noticeable if you're planning on utilizing its VR capabilities.

Yes, this is true as well. The XL will likely look and perform a little better in VR thanks the the more dense 2k screen. If you have no interest in VR, the difference in PPI between the screens should not be noticeable unless you are hardcore going out of your way to look for it or are very sensitive to such things.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
XL, I have large hands and wanted the higher res screen.

The opposite here. I have small hands. Can't tell you how many times I have dropped my Droid Turbo 2. Never had problems with my slightly smaller original Droid. Unfortunately going with the Pixel

Posted via the Android Central App

russell1997

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I chose the Pixel XL for the following reasons:
  • Moto X 2014 is 2 years old and i'm always running out space on 16GB
  • This was the latest Google Phone
  • I spring for the larger size because i already have a 5.2 and i wanted bigger
  • I went with Silver because most all previous phones have been black and I was ready for a change
  • I sprung for the 128GB because worriying about space is the sh**

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Pixel XL -- I got it because I liked how Assistant looked to be honest. The Camera also played a huge chunk and I am happy to hear that it is living up to the hype. Other than that I don't mind nerding out on some updates directly from Google and whatnot :).

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been waiting on a no compromise correct size phone, so normal pixel. Z3c and nexus 5 were two of the best Android phones I've ever had.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87