wipe cache on pixel xl

ltlmh

Dec 3, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

I wanted to do a wipe cache after installing all my apps. However, after booting into recovery mode ( power + vol down) the option to wipe cache seems to disappear. Is this option removed from nougat os ?? Need help !! Thanks!

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,

I wanted to do a wipe cache after installing all my apps. However, after booting into recovery mode ( power + vol down) the option to wipe cache seems to disappear. Is this option removed from nougat os ?? Need help !! Thanks!

I don't know any more if it performs the same wipe as booting into recovery, but you can wipe cache in Settings-Storage-Cache.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
That's not the same thing. I thought the OP was asking about wiping the cache partition which is completely different from clearing the apps.

deng66

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Can't find the option here either. Closest thing is "Wipe data/reset" which does a full factory reset. If anybody knows how to do this on Pixel (or if it's even a thing with Nougat!), please let us know!!!

IGotDT

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Instruction on that website seem to confuse the Pixel with an iPhone (HERESY, I SAY). It says to hold down the volume up, power, and home buttons. No home button on my Pixel.

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Exactly what I found. When reading that it has one pressing three different buttons. I know where my power button is of course and my two volume rockers are but that's it. It isn't clear

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my Pixel I wondered what happen to the cache partition as well.
From researching it some the short answer I found was :

"On devices that support seamless updates [Google Pixels], Android basically slipstreams OTAs as it writes the updated partitions, meaning that it can merge in changes without first creating copies. An advantage of this system is that it does away with the need for a dedicated /cache partition. It does not exist on the new Pixel phones and isn't likely to appear on future devices supporting seamless updates."

Also in the Google Pixel Community a member mentions the Pixel does not have an Wipe cache partition option.(look for the 4th reply to see)

https://productforums.google.com/fo...by-google/wipe$20cache$20in$20recovery$20mode

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer