Pixel XL video recording : audio not in sync

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Had a weird thing happen. Had the phone an entire day, was just taking pictures with it, great shots. Didn't bother testing the video recording. Then my daughter was singing a song, so I quickly used the double-tap to open the camera and switched to video mode to record. I recorded her singing for about a minute, but when I watched it back, the audio is not in sync with the video AND there's a slight stutter near the end of the video. I got concerned and then recorded 2 more videos but the second two were fine.

Has anyone encountered this before? Was it just a freak bug by coming out of sleep mode with the double-tap to camera and then video recording? I don't want this to happen again in the future.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I did the same, pix but not video at first. The first several--three I believe--videos I tried had no sound, just white noise. The fourth was ok, though I was pretty close to the mic. Going to test with my grandson later and see if it picks up his voice. I tried to talk to someone at Google help and they suggested booting into safe mode (which I found incredibly difficult to do on this phone, no idea why, I have done it before on other phones) and trying a video but haven't had a chance to do that. The sound is fine on calls, so I hope it's just some glitch that will work itself out.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Update. So I have some app on my Pixel XL, volume notifications, I think it's called, and it gave me the option to raise the sound level beyond what the Pixel itself did, and I did that and recorded my grandson telling me in gibberish (he's 18 months old) why he was pushing the end table across the room and it recorded that loud and clear. There are some mic problems I've read of but I think in this case the low volume of the phone was at least most of the problem, though I have noticed a few glitches--Pixel launcher crashed once--when I first unlock the phone in the morning, after a night of no use.