Pixel WiFi Connectivity Issues

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
(Pixel XL 32GB, Build: NDE63P, Provider: T-Mobile, Location: Florida, USA) -I connected my Pixel XL to both my WiFi networks (2.4ghz & 5ghz) and was having issues with wifi dropping and switching to LTE. I did a network reset, tried again and same issue then a factory data reset and still the same issues. I removed the 5ghz network and it seemed to be fine for a while, but then I noticed that it would bounce between LTE and Wifi again. After a restart of the phone it would be okay for most of the day, but it would happen again. The workaround is to perform a restart and stay only on the 2.4ghz network, but there seems to be a WiFi connectivity issue here.

I have a Nexus 6P that connects to both 2.4ghz and 5ghz networks without issue and never bounces between LTE and WiFi. Other devices I have that have no issues are Google Pixel C, Galaxy S6, Galaxy Note 5, LG V10

Is anyone experiencing similar issues? I'm also on the build that has supposedly fixed the WiFi issues.

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
No issues thus far ... On setup I had to connect twice, but this happened on 6P originally as well. Now it's fine, no bouncing nor any dropping so far.

Anzorian

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
My Wifi isn't bouncing but the performance is garbage. I've tested on different routers and 5ghz is bugged. 2.4ghz works but half the speed of my S7Edge.

zolop8

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
I have the Pixel XL 32GB. I am having the same issues with connecting to my office wireless. I have tried the "forget" network and redue the password, I've tried restarting, I've tried booting in safe mode to see if its an app causing this issue. Nothing is working to fix this. I will check tonight to see if I have the same issue on my home network. Love the phone but hate this issue.

w8tnonu22

Sep 27, 2016
Visit site
I have the Pixel XL 32GB. I am having the same issues with connecting to my office wireless. I have tried the "forget" network and redue the password, I've tried restarting, I've tried booting in safe mode to see if its an app causing this issue. Nothing is working to fix this. I will check tonight to see if I have the same issue on my home network. Love the phone but hate this issue.
Do you have a captive portal at your office. A waiver page that you have to sign in with. Mine does and it won't pull up the page.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I never used to use 5ghz with my previous phones because I found the reception and performance wasn't that great. Now with the Pixel XL I only use 5ghz and I get close to full speed for my rated download/upload. No connectivity issues. I'm on build NDE63L for what's it worth.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Damn! Who is your provider and what do you pay? I have 18mb service with att and on a good day I get this

Lol, I have att gigapower. I have parallel 1000Mbps connection(same upload and download). My router for that connection was capped at 300 up and down.

For full TV uverse 2nd highest package and this internet after all taxes it is 130 a month. The internet I believe is 65 or 70.

For Comcast 75 down 25 up would of been 45.

Plus the fiber connection port for att is literally in my backyard so latency issues are nowhere to be found :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Lol, I have att gigapower. I have parallel 1000Mbps connection(same upload and download). My router for that connection was capped at 300 up and down.

For full TV uverse 2nd highest package and this internet after all taxes it is 130 a month. The internet I believe is 65 or 70.

Plus the fiber connection port for att is literally in my backyard so latency issues are nowhere to be found :)
Yeah comcast for me was always 10 up. I got gigapower now as well. It's pretty sweet :D.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Another AT&T Gigapower user here. Yeah, it's pretty damn sweet. This is a speed test from my Pixel on my 5ghz wireless.
Screenshot_20161027-091107.jpg

Having said that, I still can't have both my 2.4ghz and 5 ghz networks on the Pixel without dropping WiFi. So far today, it's been okay.

imartez

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
How do you do it manually I guess I'm asking

In the WiFi settings, I have both my networks listed, I simply select the one I want to use and it connects. If it's not saved you will be prompted for a password, but after that first time it should be saved.

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site

What is gigapower? I don't even see that as an option. UPDATE* gigapower isn't available in my area

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa