Phone Services – New voicemail’ notification on Pixel

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi all. I’m in need of some help here as so far I’m drawing a blank everywhere else.

I’m on the 3 network in the UK and am notified of new voicemails via text. My voicemail service, and it’s regular text notifications, are working fine.

Since receiving my Pixel I receive upwards of 10 notifications a day from what appears to be the phone app saying I have a new voicemail, even when I don’t have any voicemails (either new ones, or saved ones). I’ve seen similar threads on this elsewhere but none specifically relating to UK networks, or the Pixel.

I’ve listed below the steps I have taken so far to resolve the issue, but none of them have worked:

-**********I have cleared the data and cache of the phone app

-**********I have tried hiding the phone services voicemail notifications, but 7.1 only lets you hide the notification from the lock screen, it still appears in the notification tray

-**********I have contacted Google Support via the Pixel (great service which I never thought I’d need) and they advise it is a network issue. I have contacted my network and they cannot fix it at their end. They said it doesn’t sound like a hardware issue, more a software one. They advise to disable visual voicemail, but A) I don’t think this is visual voicemail as I do not get transcripts of the voicemails, and B) I can find no way of doing it anyway.

Sorry for the long post guys. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

parshva shah1

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi all. I’m in need of some help here as so far I’m drawing a blank everywhere else.

I’m on the 3 network in the UK and am notified of new voicemails via text. My voicemail service, and it’s regular text notifications, are working fine.

Since receiving my Pixel I receive upwards of 10 notifications a day from what appears to be the phone app saying I have a new voicemail, even when I don’t have any voicemails (either new ones, or saved ones). I’ve seen similar threads on this elsewhere but none specifically relating to UK networks, or the Pixel.

I’ve listed below the steps I have taken so far to resolve the issue, but none of them have worked:

-**********I have cleared the data and cache of the phone app

-**********I have tried hiding the phone services voicemail notifications, but 7.1 only lets you hide the notification from the lock screen, it still appears in the notification tray

-**********I have contacted Google Support via the Pixel (great service which I never thought I’d need) and they advise it is a network issue. I have contacted my network and they cannot fix it at their end. They said it doesn’t sound like a hardware issue, more a software one. They advise to disable visual voicemail, but A) I don’t think this is visual voicemail as I do not get transcripts of the voicemails, and B) I can find no way of doing it anyway.

Sorry for the long post guys. Has anyone else experienced this issue? Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks.

i have this exact same issue. so annoying. cant even hide it.

Carajp

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Three with a Pixel XL. This isn't happening for me (thought it might be useful for you to know).

I actually haven't missed a call yet, however. So I wonder whether getting a Voicemail at all kicks off the problem. I'll report back if it does. But for now, no errant notifications.

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Three with a Pixel XL. This isn't happening for me (thought it might be useful for you to know).

I actually haven't missed a call yet, however. So I wonder whether getting a Voicemail at all kicks off the problem. I'll report back if it does. But for now, no errant notifications.
Lovely thank you. It's nice to have another data point. I've been in touch with Carphone Warehouse and Google who both confirm it isn't a hardware issue, so I'm hoping 3 will find a way to sort it. New SIM and another FDR I think this weekend...

psteve2005

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
In case anyone else has this problem with their own network, a new SIM has fixed the problem. No idea what happened there but the Pixel didn't like it.

briire

May 31, 2012
Visit site
In case anyone else has this problem with their own network, a new SIM has fixed the problem. No idea what happened there but the Pixel didn't like it.

Luckily, I didn't need to do that. Same issue, came out of the blue tonight -- couldn't get the notification to go away no matter what I did, and my two new voicemails from tonight weren't showing in either the voicemail log within the Dialer panel or in the Google Voice app. (Google Voice is my voicemail provider; Verizon Wireless is my carrier and my phone is a Verizon Wireless variant of the Google Pixel XL) What worked, oddly, was turning on Visual Voicemail, which lets you read the transcript of the voicemails.

Bizarre that this made the notification go away!

mcdonsco

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
...was turning on Visual Voicemail, which lets you read the transcript of the voicemails.

Bizarre that this made the notification go away!

What do you mean turn on Visual Voicemail? Do you mean the Verizon Visual Voicemail on your particular phone? Or something in Google Voice? I'm having the same problem and I use Google Voice for my voicemail on Cricket and I have a regular pixel and everytime I boot the phone up and randomly throughout the day it will show me a new voicemail from the number that is the dial-in number for my Google Voice voicemail. And there is never a new voicemail it's just random or when I reboot the phone. I can dismiss it easily but I would love to never see it again!

Rich Kielbasa

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here... Pixel XL rooted stock / Google variant... I use Google voice for phone and voice mail (I don't even know why my Verizon number is).. I do not have "visual voicemail" on my phone. So, I have no clue how to get rid of this notification. It will not swipe away.

Rich Kielbasa

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Fixed.... I went into the settings on the dialer app, enabled and disabled "Visual Voicemail", and my notification went away. We'll see if it returns (hope not)...