Google giving 50 play credit to people that pre-ordered the pixel/pixel xl

slowtbss

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
Well I ordered from vzw.... I have the note 7 and I've gotten many messages telling me to power down the phone and return but it's my only phone... The stores don't have loaners. I've just switched to vzw and I ordered it on 10/20. This doesn't really pertain to me but I figured I'd give my input... I for one think the credit is pointless. If your coming from a note 7 all you want is a phone !!!!

k.scott

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
Isn't that only for people whose preorder got delayed or its for everyone?
Sounds as if it is only for pre-orders through Google that got delayed... I ordered Verizon pre-order with the promise date moved out and have received no correspondence for the $50 play store credit.

I really need the phone so I can get my N7 turned in; but the $50 would still be a nice gesture for those of us that also pre-ordered through one of the other places. :(

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Sounds as if it is only for pre-orders through Google that got delayed... I ordered Verizon pre-order with the promise date moved out and have received no correspondence for the $50 play store credit.

I really need the phone so I can get my N7 turned in; but the $50 would still be a nice gesture for those of us that also pre-ordered through one of the other places. :(
May be call Verizon and complain nicely, and they may give something in return for the delay?

May 3, 2015
Visit site

The article says you get the credit after you activate the pixel. Just like the 6p credit.

buzzy3970

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Yea unfortunately it's just pre-orders made via Google directly.

bjrogerson

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
EE in the UK advertised this as one of the selling points of preordering. Mine arrived on Monday with £50 play voucher. However, on the other side of it, you have to buy the VR headset separately.

bigpapa7272

May 27, 2010
Visit site
May be worth a shot :) ... I've called twice since the delayed ship date to get updates and they seem to know nothing
I chatted with vzw the other day and the guy told me that my ship date 11/11 would not be pushed back due to the fact that I am trading in an old device for the 300 credit and I have already received the trade in box. I have it all in writing too so if they lie to me I'll go back to them and raise hel for lying to a customer

Tf407

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
I ordered 10/15 and it says 11/18 delivery date. I wonder if this applies to me? I ordered from Google Directly

Or just for anyone who's phone arrives after the first delivery date?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard a thing. My original arrival promise date was 10/26-10/28 and actual arrival was 10/25, so maybe that is why?

Kaenon11

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I think it is a good value. $50 at the app store will last a long time unless you are a person who wastes time and money playing those cash crop type games.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
What defines a "pre order"? My date is 11/18-21 for deliver and my order says it was a pre-order. I ordered on 10/23