Weather app

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Can someone please explain to me about this weather app for some reason it keeps appearing and disappearing off my screen in the weather that it's displaying is not accurate there's no adjustment anywhere I cant understand why they would add a clock to the screen that you can't move and a weather app that doesn't really give you any adjustment whatsoever

htczed

Oct 30, 2016
Visit site
Can someone please explain to me about this weather app for some reason it keeps appearing and disappearing off my screen in the weather that it's displaying is not accurate there's no adjustment anywhere I cant understand why they would add a clock to the screen that you can't move and a weather app that doesn't really give you any adjustment whatsoever

It would be really helpful if you told us the name of the app.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I just keep it set to Date in Pixel launcher and I use Weather Underground for weather info.
For me, it's the most accurate and comprehensive.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My weather has been gone all day. Stupid I reckon. Should be able to choose what you want there permanently. Not let it come and go as it feels.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Not random for me. I turned on weather by going to Google Now, choosing "Customize" from the hamburger menu and seeking out weather settings and enabling them. I recall there was more than one. Weather worked perfectly consistent.

I decided not to have weather on my Pixel launcher home screen, so I reversed the process.
No biggie.
Works perfectly.

I've been addicted to WU for years. I am a paid subscriber. Every other weather app falls short for me.
Plus, having the date on the home screen just looks nice. :)

wricu01

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Not random for me. I turned on weather by going to Google Now, choosing "Customize" from the hamburger menu and seeking out weather settings and enabling them. I recall there was more than one. Weather worked perfectly consistent.

I decided not to have weather on my Pixel launcher home screen, so I reversed the process.
No biggie.
Works perfectly.

I've been addicted to WU for years. I am a paid subscriber. Every other weather app falls short for me.
Plus, having the date on the home screen just looks nice. :)

Thanks I'll check that out later

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My weather has been gone for two days. With everything on as it should be in settings/customize. Tried location and everything.
This is stupid.

mwboost

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Seems like you need location on for it to update properly. Not a fan of leaving it on. I guess I could use an app for weather. Just set my preferred weather location .

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting for my Pixel XL. In the meantime, my husband bought a 5X in anticipation of our move to Project Fi. He wanted both time and weather, and he wasn't thrilled about the lack of the battery percentage showing up on the 5X's screen. So, I checked out the widget I'm using on my current phone that's running Marshmallow, and saw that it's compatible with Nougat, so got it for his 5X. Much to my surprise, as I was setting it up, I saw that one of the things it will display, along with weather and a digital clock, etc., is the battery percentage. Cool! So now he has a transparent widget that shows the time, weather, and battery percentage as well.

When my Pixel XL arrives, this is going on it:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....transparentclockweather&hl=en&token=6c3rCmwb

DJM626

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
When I turn my location services off, it disappears. When I toggle it on, it reappears. It definitely has something to do with that since that is where the information is gathered from. If I am at home, I don't keep location services on as it always used to be a battery drainer on some of the phones I have owned in the past. Haven't really tested it out for that too much, but I only toggle location services on when I am out someplace. Give it a try if you haven't done so already

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
The built in Date/Weather app on the pixel launcher only displays weather when its up to date and location services are on. If it cant update and cant tell where you are it will disappear and revert to the Date. I assume Google did this to avoid having false data on the home screen, which I kind of like because I have had weather widgets that fail to update, but it can be annoying too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress