Verizon voicemail, gone.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I have a pixel xl and my son just got the pixel. In the phone app for me I have the voicemail icon on the right ( 4th one). My sons only has 3 icons, no voicemail.

I believe during set up, he said no to visual voicemail, I thought it was the premium service that he didn't need so he cancelled it. Now I can't find it. I searched for the app I remember being forced on me thru every other phone. The red box with the voicemail icon in it, can't find that either. I don't have it on my phone but figured it may help get it back.

I wish Verizon let me use my Google voice as voicemail but alas that's for a different discussion . I know I can forward it to my gv but it would be nice to have full integration .

Thanks in advance.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Log into your account on MyVerizon either online or download the app to your phone. There's a section for add-ons/extras etc. If you select his line and choose Basic Visual Voicemail (visual with audio playback), add it to his line, it's free. Once you accept the account change, he should soon get the icon in his dialer app like you have.

Premium VVM gives you text transcription and more storage and that is something like 2.99 a month.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Log into your account on MyVerizon either online or download the app to your phone. There's a section for add-ons/extras etc. If you select his line and choose Basic Visual Voicemail (visual with audio playback), add it to his line, it's free. Once you accept the account change, he should soon get the icon in his dialer app like you have.

Premium VVM gives you text transcription and more storage and that is something like 2.99 a month.

Ty, I am trying that

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It's not there. I am looking under products and apps, under free app, no voicemail. Under premium visual VM, there is an app for 2.99. Hd voice is already down loaded.

therealasd

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
In the MyVerizon app, go to Account. Log in with your password, tap Add-ons, select his line, and go to Essential Services. There should be options for Basic VVM and Premium VVM. You can add it there.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Open the dialer on the phone. Click on the three dots on the upper right and go to settings. Select Calls, then Voicemail and turn on visual voicemail there.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Factory reset...

Does anyone use any 3rd party apps? I wonder if install one and then deleting it would work

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
That may have worked, but already did the reset. He only had the phone a few days not much to reset. I wish the Google or Verizon people would have pointed me to that. I couldn't find that. I tried to find something. I even tried adding premium and switching it. Nothing brought the voicemail icon back.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
That may have worked, but already did the reset. He only had the phone a few days not much to reset. I wish the Google or Verizon people would have pointed me to that. I couldn't find that. I tried to find something. I even tried adding premium and switching it. Nothing brought the voicemail icon back.
Looks like you've learned the hard way what many of us here also learned the hard way. Verizon reps, for the most part, know absolutely nothing and when they realize they can't help you their go to response is to have you factory reset.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you've learned the hard way what many of us here also learned the hard way. Verizon reps, for the most part, know absolutely nothing and when they realize they can't help you their go to response is to have you factory reset.

I am more disappointed in the Google people. It's there phone, there dialer app and they are suppose to have experts standing by. I wasn't expecting much from vzw.

If it was my phone I would have waited a bit to figure it out. I didn't want to send my 12 yo son to school without knowing I could leave a vm that he would be able to listen to.

I consider myself good at what I do. I am called on to be an expert and teach and help others. I take pride in the knowledge I provide and if I don't know I at least know how to know. Just wish the people on the other end of the phone knew more then me, and in this case you.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am more disappointed in the Google people. It's there phone, there dialer app and they are suppose to have experts standing by. I wasn't expecting much from vzw.

If it was my phone I would have waited a bit to figure it out. I didn't want to send my 12 yo son to school without knowing I could leave a vm that he would be able to listen to.

I consider myself good at what I do. I am called on to be an expert and teach and help others. I take pride in the knowledge I provide and if I don't know I at least know how to know. Just wish the people on the other end of the phone knew more then me, and in this case you.

Have you tried going to phone -> settings -> voicemail and ensuring his number is set? I am on T-Mobile and had to go there and set the voicemail number to my number. I then rebooted the phone and the voicemail tab showed up within the phone app.

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried going to phone -> settings -> voicemail and ensuring his number is set? I am on T-Mobile and had to go there and set the voicemail number to my number. I then rebooted the phone and the voicemail tab showed up within the phone app.

It's phone, settings, calls, voicemail and I wasn't aware of that until after I reset it. It's working now and I bet that would have been the place to fix it. To bad Verizon and Google arent so informed.

I have mine set to Google voice under service. I am not messing with it. I can check my son's phone when he gets home.

pepe0001

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site
I had basic visual voice mail with Verizon when I first got the Pixel 2. After update to Android 8.1 it no longer works. I can listen to my voice mails, but no longer have the text transcript. I tried turning off the service and turning it back on after phone restart, but still no luck. Any ideas? I don't want to do a factory reset.

Visual Voice mail is turned on in the phone app settings as well as MyVerizon settings.

btc909

Jan 17, 2018
Visit site
Android 7.1.1, tap the phone app, tap the three dots in the top right corner, Settings, Calls, Voicemail, make sure 'Visual Voicemail' is slide to the right. A Voicemail app does not exist. When you go back to the phone app you will see a 4th icon to the far right, looks like a tape recorder. Only 'Premium Visual Voicemail' is an extra charge.