New phone on its way, but, is it worth it?

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind people mostly come to forums to seek help, not cheer on their device. The forums do not necessarily represent the majority of people that own the device.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's important to listen to consumer feedback and reviews, but bear in mind that, a lot of the time, consumers will report negative feedback before they report positive feedback with regards to a product, experience, etc. If you are seeing a lot of negative reviews, it could very well mean that there are a lot of other satisfied customers who, since they do not have any problems or issues with their devices, are therefore not posting anything or writing reviews in the first place.

I would recommend that you keep your order and see how you like the phone on your own terms first. If you decide that you don't like it, then return it before your return period is up. Good luck!

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Cancel the order. If you have those kind of questions about quality and price or how it compares to other phones....then you really haven't thought things through enough. You seem to have ordered based on hype and are not sure if this phone is for you.
Cancel it and do more research or get the Moto Z....it's a nice phone too :)

If you are going to go with a phone from the Z line, make it the Z Play. Epic battery life and fantastic all around at a great price.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Started with a Pixel from my S7E. Went to a Pixel XL. Back to my Pixel and sold XL. Only due to size. I prefer the Pixel.

My Pixel has run buttery smooth. Camera is awesome. Battery is unbelievable. Best Android phone I have ever used.

That's been my experience. I hope your time with the Pixel goes at least as good as mine.

What kind of battery life after you getting on the normal Pixel?

Gdraft#WN

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 XL's, got them from best buy on day 4.

I loved my palm pre, webos ran circles around Android. But when palm and then HP decided to kill it, I was forced to make a change, Android or apple, what was the lesser of two evils.

I have since had a ton of android phones, quite frankly, non of them ran as stable or smooth as my old palm.

But as my phone was getting old, I need to make another change. . I almost moved to the 6P last year. I had, had enough of being held hostage by my carrier and not getting support or updates. But didn't want to buy a phone without being able to see it and touch it first. . So waited.

The Pixel was more (WAY MORE) than I wanted to spend on a phone, especially since I needed two (got to keep the mrs happy).

Had this thing came out, and ran this good 5 years ago... I would STILL be rocking it.

We have had no problems whatsoever on either device. They run smooth, fast and take pictures as good and fast as my brother in laws 600.00 Nikon camera. And all that thing does is take pictures.

If Google had come out with this several years ago, I don't think Sammy would have market share. This phone beats anything currently available.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Cancel the order. If you have those kind of questions about quality and price or how it compares to other phones....then you really haven't thought things through enough. You seem to have ordered based on hype and are not sure if this phone is for you.
Cancel it and do more research or get the Moto Z....it's a nice phone too :)

Totally agree. Cancel the order. Don't use the gracious return period to actually determine if the phone works for you or not.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The people telling to cancel your order probably never had the phone in their hands. I have the Pixel XL. I never had any issues with it at all. What I would tell you to do is go in the store and have some hands on time. That is how I made my decision. You can't go by what some of the people say here. Because some can be trolling. I got this phone after giving up my Note 7. This phone is a great phone. While it is no Note 7. I like it over any other phone out there and I went through some before making my choice of Verizon phones. Although there have been people that had some issues there are more without complaints.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I ordered it for the camera, software, and battery. The Moto Z seems like a solid phone, very similar to my Droid Turbo 2, but with mods, which I care nothing about because I don't feel like dumping $80 for a clip on battery, when I can easily just plug it in before I go somewhere. Plus, if mods don't catch on, it's a pretty useless option. The Pixel definitely seems like a better phone (and even has a headphone jack), but I got worried as the problem-threads seemed to grown post-order.

And how many problem threads are there compared to the many 1000's of happy Pixel users? Every phone has a certain % of problems. The manufacturing process is not perfect, nor will ever be.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my Pixel XL on launch day and received it in early November. I have experienced no problems whatsoever. It's fast, it has no bloat, and I love that there's no lag when taking pictures. It's definitely a keeper.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my Pixel XL on launch day and received it in early November. I have experienced no problems whatsoever. It's fast, it has no bloat, and I love that there's no lag when taking pictures. It's definitely a keeper.

The Pixel is a dog!!!!! It's 3rd place right now in speed tests!!!!!!!!! Erm ma gerd!
My Nexus 6 is still fast with a custom rom, I can only imagine how fast the Pixel is. Anyone who nitpicks about benchmarks is a fool. The Pixel is one of the best out there, but slightly overpriced......

mmcclure0453

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't say it is the best phone I ever owned. The Note 7 had that honor. The Pixel XL is a close 2nd.

You prefer an exploding phone to the Pixel...?💥💥 Interesting...

Haha. I have read that a lot of people really liked the Note 7. Too bad what happened to it. Disappointed a lot of people. Maybe the Note 8...

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I can't say it is the best phone I ever owned. The Note 7 had that honor. The Pixel XL is a close 2nd.

The Note 7 was literally the worst phone of the year. On Day 1 it appeared to be the best we'd seen to date, but the build quality issue was worse than anything we've ever seen before. I know a lot of people liked it.

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
The Note 7 was literally the worst phone of the year. On Day 1 it appeared to be the best we'd seen to date, but the build quality issue was worse than anything we've ever seen before. I know a lot of people liked it.
I disagree. Except for the obvious reason it was the best phone and would of easily made it as phone of the year!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I disagree. Except for the obvious reason it was the best phone and would of easily made it as phone of the year!

Sure, but that one thing took it from one of the best to the absolute worst possible. It's like thinking the Roman Empire would still be the best civilization in the world if it weren't for that pesky collapse :)

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
My Pixel XL is ordered and should ship on January 20th, but with all the posts about issues and problems, is the phone still worth it? Should I cancel my order and wait for some "new year's special" to get a different affordable phone, like the Moto Z, which is as close as you can get to the Pixel?

Thoughts from owners appreciated.

I have the Moto z and pixel xl currently. I like the pixel XL more but only barely. The screen is better on the z. The camera and battery are way better on the pixel. The price difference is huge too though. I roll with a Incipio battery mod on my z so the battery is better in that case but makes the phone OtterBox big. So, I'd at least try out the z while u wait at best buy or something. You can always return it. They were running some awesome deals in the weeks before Christmas so I'd look into it. I got two mods and $400 off mine so I only paid like $300 for it with the speaker and battery mod. Lol.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
Best phone I've ever had. Hands down. Don't know what else to say. My wife switched over to the pixel same time I did. We both are loving them. I had an s7 edge prior to this phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress