Google Play Music? Simplicity? Storing music and syncing HELP!

jdale025

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Hello, (first off, correct forum?)

So I'm very new to Android. I need a better process for music management. This is what I do currently:

Downloaded iSyncr. Maintain my iTunes and manually sync to my Android. Problems: changes made on my device aren't retroactively applied to my iTunes and in most cases, they are actually overwritten by the sync process. (playlist on device modified, sync'd, modifications on playlist overwritten by original content in iTunes library. This means I have to make the modification twice OR only once but if only once it has to be in my iTunes initially. Frustrating)

I switched from iPhone but I enjoy some of its ability to backup my library. This is what I want:

Great looking Library with my iTunes playlists intact
Ability to Sync backup download etc
Storage of library on hard drive in case something catastrophic happens
Syncing all library

1. I've been playing with Google Play Music and can't quite figure it out. So after uploading it's stored in the cloud, correct? Can I store on hard drive sort of like iTunes does or after adding to Google Play is there no sense in keeping it?

2. Is there a way to "pin" your entire library to your device without having to pin a million tracks playlists and or albums (ugh).

3. Is Google Play's communication with library changes on your device and or changes on your library communicated well between the two? IE, if I delete or modify a track on my device (or add to a playlist) will that retroactively appear in my Google Play library or on other devices?

4. Is there any reason to maintain your iTunes library additionally?

As you can tell, my music management ability on Android is very unclear. It worked well with iTunes and iPhone, but I gave up on Apple and would like to my a clean and final transition to Android. I teach group exercises and need my playlists maintained well so that classes go smoothly.

Any help is appreciated!
-jd

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello, (first off, correct forum?)

So I'm very new to Android. I need a better process for music management. This is what I do currently:

Downloaded iSyncr. Maintain my iTunes and manually sync to my Android. Problems: changes made on my device aren't retroactively applied to my iTunes and in most cases, they are actually overwritten by the sync process. (playlist on device modified, sync'd, modifications on playlist overwritten by original content in iTunes library. This means I have to make the modification twice OR only once but if only once it has to be in my iTunes initially. Frustrating)

I switched from iPhone but I enjoy some of its ability to backup my library. This is what I want:

Great looking Library with my iTunes playlists intact
Ability to Sync backup download etc
Storage of library on hard drive in case something catastrophic happens
Syncing all library

1. I've been playing with Google Play Music and can't quite figure it out. So after uploading it's stored in the cloud, correct? Can I store on hard drive sort of like iTunes does or after adding to Google Play is there no sense in keeping it?

2. Is there a way to "pin" your entire library to your device without having to pin a million tracks playlists and or albums (ugh).

3. Is Google Play's communication with library changes on your device and or changes on your library communicated well between the two? IE, if I delete or modify a track on my device (or add to a playlist) will that retroactively appear in my Google Play library or on other devices?

4. Is there any reason to maintain your iTunes library additionally?

As you can tell, my music management ability on Android is very unclear. It worked well with iTunes and iPhone, but I gave up on Apple and would like to my a clean and final transition to Android. I teach group exercises and need my playlists maintained well so that classes go smoothly.

Any help is appreciated!
-jd

Google play music is just like itunes. But googles edition.
There are different things you can do... google play music radio (free)
google play music player (free) and google play music subscription (10 bucks a month for unlimited music and downloads, but once cancelled you no longer can keep your music or play it)\

I believe there are ways to transfer your purchased music from itunes to google play music using music manager https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en

Hope this clears it up a little for you. Google music a great alternative. I really enjoy it.
And I think you can pin all your songs inside specific playlists (make a rock playlist, place all the songs you want in there, then just pin it)

jdale025

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean, once canceled you no longer can keep or play? If I subscribe and download music, after canceled.. where is it? If pinned to device.. does it stay there?

I have an iTunes of about 3600 tracks. I know I can make a few playlists w a few hundred tracks and pin it. Yeah. But that's cumbersome. Is that the best and easiest way?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean, once canceled you no longer can keep or play? If I subscribe and download music, after canceled.. where is it? If pinned to device.. does it stay there?

I have an iTunes of about 3600 tracks. I know I can make a few playlists w a few hundred tracks and pin it. Yeah. But that's cumbersome. Is that the best and easiest way?

It will take a long time for 3600 tracks. So use a computer to do all that and putting them in playlists.
And google play music subscribed is just like spotify. You can download the song so you dont have to stream it. but its not a downloadable mp3. since you dont "own" the music. you can purchase music from the google play store. and then download the MP3. but the subscription way is unlimited downloads for any song for life as long as you pay every month.

Mickfl

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
jdale I recently moved from iPhone and iTunes to DROID and Google music. I couldn't wait to get rid of the iTunes software so here is what I did.

I moved the music folder out of iTunes and placed it in the regular spot in the my music folder. I then got the Google music manager and let it upload my entire library up to the cloud (11,000) tracks. I then deleted iTunes and let Google music manage everything. I found no way to transfer playlists so those are gone but there is no need to move files around anymore because your full library of music is available on your phone. Just start Google music and select my library and all of my music is there to play.

The awesome thing about the music services like Google or Spotify is you can listen to any music in the service as much as you want by streaming it. Instead of buying it you are paying a fee for access each month to their full music catalog.

You can dl music to your phone by pinning it for offline play too. I hope this helps :)

Posted via Android Central App

MaxGunner

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Where is the "free" app? I bought an album on Google Play and when I access the Google Play Music app on my phone (Galaxy S4) it tells me I get a free month then approx $10 a month. How can I get the free app to listen to the music I have already purchased or upload?

thanks,

MG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non