Share your Google+ thoughts

ManxMariner

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My photos were showing up on the app but now they don't. I just see a placeholder. When using my desktop they all show up. Even photos that were in my Picasa albums don't show up anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone actually doing any social networking through this service yet?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've got a few AC people on mine, that's about it.

My photos were showing up on the app but now they don't. I just see a placeholder. When using my desktop they all show up. Even photos that were in my Picasa albums don't show up anymore. Anyone have any ideas?

Submit a bug report. It's very beta, and they need to know any issues you find.

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Pro:
Excellent UI
Multi-platform Ready
Video Conference
On The Fly Social "Filters" (Circles)
Fast, Reliable Uploads (Pay attention Facebook!)
Public Sharing

Con:
Gmail Required
No Video Chat for Mobile (Yet)
No Sparks on Mobile (News)
Mobile Video Uploads, (No sharing yet on mobile)
Notifications

This is an excellent attempt to take us away from Facebook and who knows? Is this third try gonna "be the charm?" I know that its got a smooth interface but to use my least favorite F word, fragmentation, I hate how different the mobile experience is from the browser version. This is in beta with limited release for a reason. Lets keep up the pressure for Google to put in some overtime on this and make this attempt stick around longer than my heartburn from lunch!

ANDROID__JUNKIE

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
are you guys with the mobile app getting your notifications in the status bar?

it seems like they only come through when the app is open and the screen is unlocked.
Yes, I am seeing inconsistent notifications outside of the app. I don't want to see what Facebook tries to do either and send me a email every time someone breathes on a post! Just a simple pop up would suffice.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Con:

No Video Chat for Mobile (Yet)

Mobile Video Uploads, (No sharing yet on mobile)
Notifications
Video chat through Google Talk works well in the mean time.

I haven't tried uploading a video yet, but there is an option in the settings to only allow pics and not videos to upload unless over WiFi or whatever. Can you upload them but not share them?

Yes, I am seeing inconsistent notifications outside of the app. I don't want to see what Facebook tries to do either and send me a email every time someone breathes on a post! Just a simple pop up would suffice.
My notifications on the mobile app seem to have sorted themselves out today. I turned off all the email alerts except for one or two and I'm finding I don't need them. The red notification box on every Google page on the PC covers everything I need.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
My notifications for the actual web application is fine and well. It is the on the mobile app (for my fascinate and transformer) where the it has been a hit or miss.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
The thing I like about G+ is the privacy settings; it pretty in depth to what I can control what people see. The bad news is that Google does not have a short tutorial to show people on how to set up the privacy settings to their liking.

Last edited:

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
The thing I like about G+ is the privacy settings; it pretty in depth to what I can control to what I can let people see. The bad news is that Google does not have a short tutorial to show people on how to set up the privacy settings to their liking.

+1

It also took me a while to figure that out. But once I did, I found it AWESOME!!!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

twitch808

Apr 16, 2011
profiles.google.com
I only have a few people from here on mine, but I like it so far. the free photo hosting and auto syncing feature is great. Huddles is also better than skype and facetime

lennyj17

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I like the layout and customization much better than facebook....But they do have some nooks and crannies to clean up. I noticed:

When creating Albums you cannot ctl+click or shift+click to multi select photo's at one time. You have to select them one at a time.

and alot of the Drop downs go below the bottom of your screen with no scroll bar, and when you try to scroll either by touch pad or the page scroll to the far right the Drop down will disappear.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Why do you say that?......................................................................................................

Fixed it... Should have been question marks... Seems like there isnt as much talk anymore about google+

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Fixed it... Should have been question marks... Seems like there isnt as much talk anymore about google+

I think its more along the lines of no one else can get in, and everyone who's in has already said what they think.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, once the invites are allowed again, there will a buzz about it again. If you look around the web, some mainstream techology site such Cnet and PC mag keeps on harping about Google +

"Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart. Alan Alda"

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Agreed with the above two. I'm getting more hounded by the day from people wanting me to get them in. But there's only so much to talk about while under a limited release like this.

I can't wait for the day of email addresses not spamming up every freakin thread on every freakin board though.