Gorilla Glass? (Corning Tweeted No)

reflekt2099

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Gorilla Glass

not really.

i've had my droid charge without a screen cover since the day i got it. it's been through normal day to day wear and tear and i don't have a single tiny mark or nick on the screen. it's flawless. i expect the same for the screen on the galaxy nexus.

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

I'll take the nice, informative road. Samsung announced it's not Gorilla brand, but it is another type of fortified glass. It should be fine.

kvlt

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site

I have horrible luck with phone screens. Both of my Nexus S phones had small scratches after days of use... I actually think i baby them too much. I always buy full body skins though when available. Luckily the Galaxy Nexus looks to have a less scratch prone body so i may only end up using the screen portion of the skin. Long story short, to me it doesnt really matter because ill be covering them up for safety anyways.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I'm not concerned. I will be using ghost amor- on the front - when it's available. When I had the Nexus S I had the Zagg installed and it looked good. I've heard the ghost amor looks even better. It also doen't take aways from the screen IMO.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site

I prefer to feel the glass so no screen protector.

It's a nice looking piece of hardware since it's an all glass front but that's also a concern.

ejaymd11

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Is anyone concerned with the entire front being glass and it not having any protection like Gorilla Glass?

It' won't have any protection like gorilla glass? Where did you hear that? All I heard is they are not using that BRAND!

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
All they have said is it's fortified.

Like my Orange Juice.

ROFL! I love my Droid x gorilla glass. I haven't used a screen protector in years. I dread going back to those days since swype doesn't work well with film over the surface.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Live2ride883

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site

For all we know the GN could have a Lotus Glass screen on it. This is the next gen of fortified glass from the makers of Gorilla Glass.

CBMC

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
ROFL! I love my Droid x gorilla glass. I haven't used a screen protector in years. I dread going back to those days since swype doesn't work well with film over the surface.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I have never had a problem with resistance (using bestskinever). I think that the resistance problem comes in when the skin is not installed perfectly. The phone my dad had using the same skin absolutely has the problem of resistance. His install was not nearly as good a mine (even though I installed them both). It seems like I still haven't perfected putting these things on, though I have learned a few tricks over the years.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site

For all we know the GN could have a Lotus Glass screen on it. This is the next gen of fortified glass from the makers of Gorilla Glass.

Yup yup! They said that it didn't have Gorilla Glass, so maybe it has Lotus Glass instead. One can hope. Maybe it's even Dragontrail Glass from a company called Asahi.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've never had a problem with a screen protector affecting the screen's operation. What I like about some good screen protector's is, fingerprints don't show up as badly. Gorilla glass is nice but, we don't know what kind of glass is on the G-nex and, it may not be that bad. I know that whatever was used on my Nexus S was pretty good but, I did use a screen protector on it.

I don't understand why this keeps being brought up. It's almost like some of you are looking for something to argue about.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

screen protectors are not an option. I'm going to get the nexus and just hope the fortified glass is pretty good.. its obviously not lotus glass.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site

The reason Corning is creating Lotus Glass is to deal with ultra-high resolution screens. That may be a hint as to why it's not Gorilla Glass in the Nexus. Frankly, it's just a brand. If I buy a Nikon DSLR I know I'm getting a quality camera, but I'm not going to fool myself that the Canon equivalent isn't just as good if a little different in the strengths and weaknesses. Whether the brand Samsung uses scratches a little more but is less prone to cracking or the other way around doesn't matter much to me - it's just a phone and it only needs to last two years before I'll start drooling over the next big thing (and then wonder why my phone has more cores than my desktop).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty