Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    cyanogen

Default No HDMI huh?

I guess I didn't pay attention to that, but I can't find anywhere it says it has HDMI and PCworld says no HDMI.
    Why would they leave things that are already available to current devices out??
    I hate it when they do that.

Global Posts
    353 Global Posts

Default Re: No HDMI huh?

If its anything like the GSII (which wouldn't surprise me since its made by Sammy) then it will be using MHL. This means the micro-USB port will double as an HDMI out with the proper cable.

Mobile High-definition Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Global Posts
    807 Global Posts
    ROM
    Buglessbeast/Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Auzo View Post
    If its anything like the GSII (which wouldn't surprise me since its made by Sammy) then it will be using MHL. This means the micro-USB port will double as an HDMI out with the proper cable.

Mobile High-definition Link - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    This and DLNA. I much rather have MHL and DLNA than HDMI. Besides, I probably wouldn't use it.
    So many phones, so little time.

ROM
    CM9,Tablet Mode,Nova

DLNA is software, and it's available on the marketplace. HDMI, on the other hand, seems to be a value-add from the vendors and not a part of the pure Google experience. Wouldn't mind if I was wrong, however.
    Galaxy Nexus (VZW)
    Motorola Droid X (WiFi)/Motorola Droid 2 Global (VZW)
    Motorola 9505A (Iridium)/HP Zeen (WiFi)