Galaxy Nexus for the United Kingdom

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Wanted to post as much UK specific info for the benefit of others. If you find any other info please feel fre to post it underneath and I will add it to this first post in due course

Release Date

17th November
Samsung Galaxy Nexus Coming 17th November ? Clove Technology’s Blog

Carriers

O2
O2 | Galaxy Nexus| Find out about the latest handset Galaxy Nexus coming to O2
Three
https://www.three.co.uk/Phones/Coming_Soon?
Vodafone
http://www.eurodroid.com/pics2/galaxy_nexus_vodafone.jpg

Other stockists

Carphone Warehouse
Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Phones4U
Galaxy Nexus – The Latest Google Phone Powered by Android | Phones 4u

Off Contract

Clove
Buy Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Samsung Galaxy Nexus accessories
Amazon (via King of Gadgets)
http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/5527/samsung-galaxy-nexus-16gb--sim-free-unlocked-
Unlocked Mobiles
http://www.unlocked-mobiles.com/sim-free-mobile-phones/samsung-galaxy-nexus-sim-free-unlocked-mobile-phone-p-83950.html
King of Gadgets
http://www.kingofgadgets.co.uk/samsung-galaxy-nexus-sim-free-unlocked-mobile-phone.html
Expansys
16GB Version
http://www.expansys.com/google-galaxy-nexus-16gb-black-224319/
32GB Version
http://www.expansys.com/google-galaxy-nexus-32gb-black-224348/

Other Info

It appears we are only getting the 16GB version in the UK UPDATE: Expansys are showing the 32GB version, though they don't have a price or availability.

Last edited:

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Phones 4U now have display material in stores (my local store had a big window poster and an inside display too. However the staff know nothing about prices and contracts as it "isn't out yet".

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Worrying news from Handtec via their blog Samsung Galaxy Nexus – Shipping update | Handtec Blog

Preorders are hotting up for this device – however distribution is stating delivery of this highly anticipated device has moved to week commencing 21st November. This will unfortunately effect all UK retailers.
we will try to keep everyone updated on Handtec’s Samsung Galaxy Nexus page

I have sent them an e-mail and also posted a comment on the blog asking for more details. Since Samsung have already given us a 17th November release date How can "all UK retailers" be delayed?

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Handtec has just posted this on their blog:

Having many questions regarding the release date and first batch allocation. As usual Handtec have a large backorder with Samsung and we expect to fulfill all backorders upon release. Some retailers may still be showing dates of 7th or 17th etc but the above information is directly from Samsung distribution. Please be rest assured that whenever the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is released (be it 7th 17th 21st etc) then as usual we will be first to have stock and ship.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus – Shipping update | Handtec Blog

So they're sure that they will be one of the first UK retailers to receive the stock. (Handtec is extremely reliable) Still, I don't think any of the retailers can really say when they're really getting the stock. Hopefully it won't be delayed for the THIRD time.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully it won't be delayed for the THIRD time.

Technically it hasn't actually been delayed at all yet. The delay in the announcement, does not mean the phone was put back and since we haven't actually reached the only official date we have been given (17th Nov) we don't know if it is going to hit that. It's nice to see Handtec clarifying things, probably because they have been bombarded with frantic e-mails.

infernalman7

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Technically it hasn't actually been delayed at all yet. The delay in the announcement, does not mean the phone was put back and since we haven't actually reached the only official date we have been given (17th Nov) we don't know if it is going to hit that. It's nice to see Handtec clarifying things, probably because they have been bombarded with frantic e-mails.

Charged pre-order on a geeky device like this, no surprise here. Haha.

Let's just wait and see. I really want to fast forward time now.

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Just went into Phones4U and they have their displays out (no dummy phones or anything though, just pictures).

The top picture of their display shows a Galaxy Nexus with a 4G Symbol (we have NO 4G service in the UK) and the bottom picture has a Galaxy Nexus with Gingerbread launcher photoshopped onto the screen (with the ICS logo at the bottom right of the poster). Double Fail Phones4U!!

I was going to take pictures to post up, but there was a bunch of people in front of the display and I was in a hurry.

I was also in Carphone Warehouse asking about it, and I asked if they knew the Outright price of a Galaxy Nexus, when its released. The staff member said, "Galaxy Nexus, are you sure you don't mean the Nexus S?" Top Training from CPW there!!

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
That's odd. My local P4U has proper posters in both the window and inside. I have also seen posters at 2 railway stations from them showing the SGN. Also, since you mention CW I guess it's time to post this again.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Last edited:

StuMcBill

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. My local P4U has proper posters in both the window and inside. I have also seen posters at 2 railway stations from them showing the SGN.

Are you sure? In my local one it definitely has a 4g logo (but shows the ICS launcher), and one shows the galaxy nexus but has a Gingerbread launcher!

Sent from my Amiga 500 using Workbench!

yloop

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Not looking good for Orange customers I'm afraid guys and gals. Samsung are on site here today showing off the note (which is beautiful but MASSIVE btw!) so I asked about the Nexus. They said Orange haven't approached them to carry it yet and would be surprised if we saw it this year.

I've been checking all of our release schedules and it's not listed there either.

Looks like it's SIM free for me, or maybe the Sensation XE at the end of this month.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Not looking good for Orange customers I'm afraid guys and gals. Samsung are on site here today showing off the note (which is beautiful but MASSIVE btw!) so I asked about the Nexus. They said Orange haven't approached them to carry it yet and would be surprised if we saw it this year.

I've been checking all of our release schedules and it's not listed there either.

Looks like it's SIM free for me, or maybe the Sensation XE at the end of this month.

It's odd that Orange won't be carrying it when Phones4U are currently only offering it (on pre order) for Orange.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
They've been saying this for a while. They got alot of enquiries from people (me included) when they changed to the 21st. But they say this is what Samsung has told them, they clarified the statement on the 7th to say they would get them as soon as anyone else and will get them out as soon as they get them.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

yloop

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
It's odd that Orange won't be carrying it when Phones4U are currently only offering it (on pre order) for Orange.

They're offering a SIM only deal bundled with a SIM free handset. A lot of their bundles work that way and the support guys at Orange hate it as they have to turn customers away for warranty claims. Especially poor when they do it with BlackBerry and sell on UMA capabilities that only the Orange builds have.

It seems even working for Orange can't have it's perks, I'm dying to have this phone but have 7 months left on my contract. I'm happy to buy it out (33% discount on upgrade anytime) but it won't be here anytime soon. Sensation XE in under 2 weeks looks a good contender but no ICS puts me off a bit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty