Market issue and Lock Screen sound..

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi

Any suggestions welcome here - I will not profess to being a tech genius, but I'm not normally totally clueless like I am at the moment. I received my GN today and the only thing upsetting me (apart from that wee volume issue) is that I CANNOT get the market to download ANYTHING. Even applications I know are ok with 4.0. I just keep getting "XYZ failed to download due to an error". I have tried clearing caches, force stops, clear data - I cleared the download manager. Nothing is working

Can anyone point out something REALLY obvious I have overlooked??

The other thing I have found is that regardless of all my volumes being set to full and all the right boxes ticked (and on wifi here so not fluctuating volume bar) there is no lock screen sound. I know its not the end of the world, but Im so used to it from my Galaxy S I kind of miss it.... :(

rickster911

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issues with lock screen sound....and any sound click in general....all my volume sliders are up to full, and all sound boxes checked but still no luck! Regarding the downloading problem, I went to the mobile network settings and re-selected my network (AT&T) in my case....restarted the phone and everything....from the network/data standpoint....seems to be working now.....

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping the update to fix the volume bug might have some bearing on it (wishful thinking I know) but I still have no lock screen audio. And it makes no noise when you plug it in to charge so I had to download Light Pro to activate the notification light so I could be sure it was charging.

Feels like no one else is experiencing this... :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi

Any suggestions welcome here - I will not profess to being a tech genius, but I'm not normally totally clueless like I am at the moment. I received my GN today and the only thing upsetting me (apart from that wee volume issue) is that I CANNOT get the market to download ANYTHING. Even applications I know are ok with 4.0. I just keep getting "XYZ failed to download due to an error". I have tried clearing caches, force stops, clear data - I cleared the download manager. Nothing is working

Can anyone point out something REALLY obvious I have overlooked??

The other thing I have found is that regardless of all my volumes being set to full and all the right boxes ticked (and on wifi here so not fluctuating volume bar) there is no lock screen sound. I know its not the end of the world, but Im so used to it from my Galaxy S I kind of miss it.... :(
I had the same problem. I found that when I tried to download any apps it failed. I had this problem before with my Atrix too. For some reason it wouldn't download over wifi.I cleared the cache and turned off wifi and I was fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mpshah

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi. I do get the screen lock sound but its VERY low. I've tried to maximize the volume on the phone but the lock sound remains the same.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Theres a setting for the unlock noise, and if you download an audio app, you can change the system volume and make it louder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress